Used 2000 Dodge Durango R/T SUV Consumer Reviews - 15 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

2000 Dodge Durango SUV

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

warranty with U.S fidells? sorry but love our durango
By leadfoot54

2000 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

We love our durango poor gas miles replaced all the door locks and now the transmission has whent out we had U.S fidells and what a joke they are payed them for over year and got the run around with the transmission we ended up pay for the rebuilt transmission

tow package

gas miles

Wonderful SUV
By Lance

2000 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had my R/T for 10 years and it has 210,000 miles. Other than a new trans at 165,000, we have conducted normal required maintenance. Its been undercoated twice and has zero rust. We love this truck and it will never be part of the C.A.R.S (clunker) program. Let gas be $7 per gal, we will continue to drive it.

Power, and the aftermarket satt radio installed in 2002.

Great Truck-Poor MPG
By MARMOPAR

2000 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this truck in 2006 with 60K. Currently at 84K. I have replaced the AC evaporator & compressor, PS pump, brake lines (rust), brake pads & rotors. I run synthetic oil (change at 3K) and trans fluid and have had none of the sludge problems that I read about. It has a full tow package and I pull a 20ft travel trailer. I love driving this truck - it does anything I need it to do and is easy to drive in traffic. I just wish the fuel mileage was better. I have gotten as high as 16 on the highway @ 55mph w/o the trailer (12 @ 70mph) but drops to 7 w/trailer. In town is 8-9. I would love to see if I could get the Hemi with cyl deactivation retrofitted to this truck.

Styling, R/T package, excellent towing ability in a package smaller than the QE2, great handling and ride for a 4x4 full frame truck.

Fuel mileage, AC designed for a pickup not an SUV (rear vent windows would help), poor AC evaporator design, poor fuel mileage, premium fuel requirement (I think this changed in later R/T's but should be taken seriously in the 2000), poor fuel mileage, and did I mention the fuel mileage?

Completely Satisfied
By gotmymoneysworth

2000 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

I Have owned since 2000 and have great success. The only issue has been the transmission. I had to rebuild at 125000 miles! Other than that tires, brakes and oil! Great hauling and towing. We bought it with the goal to drive for ten years and so far I am very pleased with its performance. I definitely recommend the truck!

Power, Hauling and towing and actually great mileage for the HP!

Start building the same body style with a bigger motor!

Love This Vehicle
By PD

2000 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

Never had a problem with my Durango, but did have to have a brake job at 30,000. Change the oil every 3,000 miles and keep it garaged. MPG is 12, wish it were better, but I still love my Durango. I feel safe in it. Had a bad front end crash with it a few years ago (other vehicle slid into my lane) and came out with no injuries. When the truck hit, it hid solid. Maybe I just got lucky.