2000 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
warranty with U.S fidells? sorry but love our durango
By leadfoot54 on 03/02/11 16:55 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

We love our durango poor gas miles replaced all the door locks and now the transmission has whent out we had U.S fidells and what a joke they are payed them for over year and got the run around with the transmission we ended up pay for the rebuilt transmission

Wonderful SUV
By Lance on 08/12/09 16:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had my R/T for 10 years and it has 210,000 miles. Other than a new trans at 165,000, we have conducted normal required maintenance. Its been undercoated twice and has zero rust. We love this truck and it will never be part of the C.A.R.S (clunker) program. Let gas be $7 per gal, we will continue to drive it.

Great Truck-Poor MPG
By MARMOPAR on 07/30/09 07:22 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought this truck in 2006 with 60K. Currently at 84K. I have replaced the AC evaporator & compressor, PS pump, brake lines (rust), brake pads & rotors. I run synthetic oil (change at 3K) and trans fluid and have had none of the sludge problems that I read about. It has a full tow package and I pull a 20ft travel trailer. I love driving this truck - it does anything I need it to do and is easy to drive in traffic. I just wish the fuel mileage was better. I have gotten as high as 16 on the highway @ 55mph w/o the trailer (12 @ 70mph) but drops to 7 w/trailer. In town is 8-9. I would love to see if I could get the Hemi with cyl deactivation retrofitted to this truck.

Completely Satisfied
By gotmymoneysworth on 07/15/08 05:08 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

I Have owned since 2000 and have great success. The only issue has been the transmission. I had to rebuild at 125000 miles! Other than that tires, brakes and oil! Great hauling and towing. We bought it with the goal to drive for ten years and so far I am very pleased with its performance. I definitely recommend the truck!

Love This Vehicle
By PD on 05/15/08 14:29 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

Never had a problem with my Durango, but did have to have a brake job at 30,000. Change the oil every 3,000 miles and keep it garaged. MPG is 12, wish it were better, but I still love my Durango. I feel safe in it. Had a bad front end crash with it a few years ago (other vehicle slid into my lane) and came out with no injuries. When the truck hit, it hid solid. Maybe I just got lucky.

Good at everything, master of none!
By 2KR/T on 02/20/08 11:53 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

I've owned this Durango for quite some time. It's given me no problems outside of regular maintenance. I tow occasionally and haul quite a bit of goods. Just passed 80,000miles and still going strong. I get 18.3mpg at 55mph and 16mpg at 65mph! Not bad for a beast that's rated at 12mpg city and 16mpg highway. Keep in mind the EPA, at the time, rated vehicles on the highway at 55mph! Only problem that is annoying is that in colder weather the mechanism inside the rear hatch that controls the lock rusts and sticks. I have to spray it with lube every few months. Takes about 20min, so its not too bad.

Big Red Truck
By Tim D'Angelo on 09/24/05 05:09 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

I would change very few things on my Durango. My Durango has moved my family two times now and that has paid for the truck ten times over. It can pull anything I throw at it, drive in any kinds of condition with complete safety and keeps us safe even when foolish drivers deciede they need to hit us. It's a shame the new Durango looks like a minivan.

Too much gas!
By itsmine59 on 07/21/05 15:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

This thing is a sight to behold. Its interior and exterior styling is awesome. The flame red color is the best red color on the road. Nice exhaust sound. This thing needs its own gas station! I get an average fuel economy of 9.9 MPG. It has power, but it is a bit sluggish. It is a little slow and does not get off the line that great, but once you get going look out! An awesome car for the money. It is perfect just being plain ol' factory stock. 17" wheels, beefy tires, nice exhaust. It turns heads.

the power when you need it
By hosers heroes on 11/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

love the big 360-hate the gas it eats.The 17 inch rims and big tires look great when clean-especially in the bright red.Fun to drive would love to get a new one.

Former Mopar Lover
By cobraarvey on 08/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SUV R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

Was a big Mopar lover until the mid 80's until quality dropped dramatically. Then I went to Ford. But I always held some allegiance to Chrysler products and even own a 74 Duster 360 with 40,00 miles that I have had since new. Decided to give Mopar a try again with the 2000 Durango R/T. Wrong move!!! In the shop several times a year, and basically a piece of junk. Has had a head gasket replaced, fan clutch, catalytic converter, ignition wires, etc, all with less than 50,000 miles. Has died on the road on two occasions so far, and had to be towed while my family was on trips. Meanwhile my '93 Ford Explorer went to 70,000 miles without a hitch.