Used 2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus SUV Consumer Reviews - 11 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

2000 Dodge Durango SUV

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

durango fandango
By dipstick dave

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4dr SUV

I just went from ripping it around in my '84 ramcharger for a couple of years and finally killed it. Now grabbed this 2000 slt 4x4 and im fixing to check its matal. I picked it up for $2200 and its super clean and runs great. It has high milage at 211000 got it from a old codge and so far had it a month and like it.. But missing the 84 ramcharger.

Big Blue
By moyeti

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4dr SUV

Bought when my kids were young and I couldn't drive a mini van. At 96K only a water pump has gone bad. I've taken good care of it though, bu it has chewed thru 3 sets of tires. Otherwise it runs every time and the 360 V8 sounds and feels great. I use it to pull my motorbike around. Taking it to the state park next March with the entire family. It'll be "the car" we all remember. Tough, American, strong and heavy. Dependable and true.

360 V8 hums. Seats 7, pulls hard. Safe vehicle. Big box frame 4800 lbs dry, nice to have that iron w/ air bags around you.

More sophisticated suspension. Old school leafs in back, iron arms in front.

2000 slt 4.7l
By andy

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4dr SUV

I hear people complaining about this truck, and I don't know why. This truck has been in the family since it was brand new, and the most expensive repair was spark plugs-$150. I pull a lot of heavy stuff. It pulls like a dream. The truck is extremely powerful. The engine problems people describe are due to poor maintenance. Tranny is very strong, and the engine oil needs to be changed every 3k! Using synthetic also helps. Love mine. Very reliable!

infinity system, Powerful V8, towing ability, 4x4 (gets me anywhere i want to be), "V8 rumble", ITS FAST.

better mpg, need inline fuel filter, better shocks

Overheating
By jsmith

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4dr SUV

What a pig. I like to buy cars and drive them forever. I had this Durango in the dealer for overheating problems no less than 5 times over the course of 1.5 yrs. (yes I am stubborn). New water pump, new radiator, new thermostat, new hoses... still overheats. Replaced sway bars and a few yrs later the front end squeeks again. Fast truck and fun to drive. But not reliable and terrible mileage (14-15 on the hwy doing avg 70-75). Hit a bump and you're airborne. You can do better.

Fast, interesting body shape.

Better mileage (come on - its a mid size SUV, Suburbans get better mileage).

Good Family Car
By Missymoo

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT Plus 4dr SUV

We bought this car to tow a trailer on
family vacations and drive kids
around. It has been great for those
purposes. The 3rd row seat is great
for the kids, not so comfortable for
adults. Love the rear air conditioning.

The overhead console with room for sunglasses & garage door opener. Also the computer showing temperature and milage info.

Tows great, but the gas milage leaves a bit to be desired (I average 11-12 miles/gal).