Used 2000 Dodge Durango SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

2000 Dodge Durango
By 62hilger

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased a Durango with 4.7 V8 overhead valve motor. This motor has plenty of get and go. It will squeal the tires without hesitation. The motor needs proper oil changes and I would recommend high quality motor oil. The bad side of this vehicle is you will average 12 MPG and it took quite a while to heat up. Get an auto start for it. I keep record of my fills and I mostly drove rural roads. My vehicle had rear air which was nice. If MPG is not an issue I would recommend the vehicle.

My vehicle had rear air which was very nice. The car had plenty of leg room for adults and the 3rd row seat folds down flat. Smart move by Dodge.

Better gas mileage.

I must have the exception...
By wilddaisy

2000 Dodge Durango SUV Sport 4dr SUV

I bought my Durango brand new in 2000. LOVED it for the most part. Routine oil changes and maintenance, ran great. After 100k miles, replaced water pump, heater core, radiator, transmission, fuel pump, catalytic converter, and multiple sensors. In 2008 found out it had major issues with wires corroding in wiring harness (reason for blowing sensors). Spent $2500 for temp fix (permanent fix $5000 plus labor) Chrysler told me this was common in the Durango but not enough for a recall. Just changed the alternator this week and still have lots of computer issues. It only has 157k miles on it now....Am beginning to despise it. Think it's time to let it die and get something new I'm afraid

Drives nice and I LOVE all the room

amazing truck
By melissa12493

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

My family has owned our 2000 durango for 12 years now and it is a fantastic truck. With just about 166,000 miles its still kicking. Just took a truckload of people comfortably to Warped Tour in it with no problems. With the seats down, there's like 80 cubic feet of storage (more than a hummer). Only things that have been replaced are the door locks and heater core and also the AC compressor a long time ago. Can't kill this engine if you tried. A true tank in the snow and ice. Only complaint is the gas mileage, but otherwise this truck has served me well.

leather seats, 4x4, storage capacity

saved my life
By preston11

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV

i have had my durango for about a year and it was fun to drive and was great on gas. but one day i was out with my friend we were on a dirt road messing around but then we were heading home and a deer ran out in front of me. i lost control of the car and flipthe durango we were ok nothing to bad but the suv was a lose. i would have to say that the durango saved my life and i would be proud to buy another one.

Reliable family SUV, bad bad. mpg!
By steveerai

2000 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

We have had this car for about a year and it has been good to us. The leather and suade interior is so nice! The 2nd and 3rd rows are very spacious. A few things we don't like is the mpg! We get about 12-15 city and 15-17 hwy. Not very economical at all. Also the lever to put down the 2nd row seats is too close to the plastics. I always scrape my nuckle as it is VERY hard to pull. Other then that its a nice family suv, that's if your last name is Gates or Trump. As the gas price will cost you a fortune! !!!