2000 Dodge Durango 5.2L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

2000 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

SLT Plus 4dr SUV (5.2L V8 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Big Blue
By moyeti on 09/05/09 21:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV

Bought when my kids were young and I couldn't drive a mini van. At 96K only a water pump has gone bad. I've taken good care of it though, bu it has chewed thru 3 sets of tires. Otherwise it runs every time and the 360 V8 sounds and feels great. I use it to pull my motorbike around. Taking it to the state park next March with the entire family. It'll be "the car" we all remember. Tough, American, strong and heavy. Dependable and true.

2000 slt 4.7l
By andy on 04/22/08 22:12 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV

I hear people complaining about this truck, and I don't know why. This truck has been in the family since it was brand new, and the most expensive repair was spark plugs-$150. I pull a lot of heavy stuff. It pulls like a dream. The truck is extremely powerful. The engine problems people describe are due to poor maintenance. Tranny is very strong, and the engine oil needs to be changed every 3k! Using synthetic also helps. Love mine. Very reliable!

Overheating
By jsmith on 06/29/06 13:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV

What a pig. I like to buy cars and drive them forever. I had this Durango in the dealer for overheating problems no less than 5 times over the course of 1.5 yrs. (yes I am stubborn). New water pump, new radiator, new thermostat, new hoses... still overheats. Replaced sway bars and a few yrs later the front end squeeks again. Fast truck and fun to drive. But not reliable and terrible mileage (14-15 on the hwy doing avg 70-75). Hit a bump and you're airborne. You can do better.

Good Family Car
By Missymoo on 07/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV

We bought this car to tow a trailer on family vacations and drive kids around. It has been great for those purposes. The 3rd row seat is great for the kids, not so comfortable for adults. Love the rear air conditioning.

vehivle summary
By deputycoke on 11/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV

first dodge i ever owned and am very pleased. good power, comfortable, nice stereo, overall a pleasure to own. Not good on gas milage, and doesnt tow trailers very well.

Durango about a little below par
By MissTxRedHead on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV

The unit has great power and it has held up decently, but things like windows not working and the power door locks failing bug the crap outta me.

BEST SUV OUT THERE!!
By Heidi Matney on 01/30/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV

This has been the absolute driving machine! Dodge has outdone themselves with the 5.9. The 360 is awe inspiring. Easy to drive and great for hauling the soccer star and her teammates. With four kids at home and extras always around, its third row seating is more than handy. And hey, lets face it, minivans are UGLY!!

Patriot Blues
By MagnumV8 on 11/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV

Overall I have enjoyed my Durango. Great styling, excellent exceleration, gorgeous Patriot Blue Metallic paint, and some nice creature features, for a truck. However, being one who swore to never buy an SUV, next time, I'll stick to my words. Noise under the hood, sounds like bad bearings in the air conditioning unit. Popping in the suspension. Never make an emergency stop in this vehicle. One power door lock replaced. Power windows, sometimes. One freeze plug replaced at 64k miles.

2000 Dodge Durango
By Jodi on 09/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV

The A/C in the Durango is terrible on mine and anyone else I have spoke to that owns or has owned one. Also there is a design flaw where the A/C condensation drips onto the manifold and makes a ticking/hissing noise, there is nothing the can do to fix it my neighbor has the same problem.

SLT Plus Is a Winner
By BrentTX on 03/02/02 23:23 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV

I have had my Durango for a year, and I have really enjoyed. The 5.9 V8 is quite powerful, and great in passing situations and off-the-line. Styling and room are great. Ride quality is smooth for a truck-based SUV, and much better than previous Explorer. The flat-folding third row sear is a big plus.