2000 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
2000 Dodge Durango
By 62hilger on 04/03/13 20:35 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I purchased a Durango with 4.7 V8 overhead valve motor. This motor has plenty of get and go. It will squeal the tires without hesitation. The motor needs proper oil changes and I would recommend high quality motor oil. The bad side of this vehicle is you will average 12 MPG and it took quite a while to heat up. Get an auto start for it. I keep record of my fills and I mostly drove rural roads. My vehicle had rear air which was nice. If MPG is not an issue I would recommend the vehicle.

I must have the exception...
By wilddaisy on 11/21/12 12:58 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango Sport 4dr SUV

I bought my Durango brand new in 2000. LOVED it for the most part. Routine oil changes and maintenance, ran great. After 100k miles, replaced water pump, heater core, radiator, transmission, fuel pump, catalytic converter, and multiple sensors. In 2008 found out it had major issues with wires corroding in wiring harness (reason for blowing sensors). Spent $2500 for temp fix (permanent fix $5000 plus labor) Chrysler told me this was common in the Durango but not enough for a recall. Just changed the alternator this week and still have lots of computer issues. It only has 157k miles on it now....Am beginning to despise it. Think it's time to let it die and get something new I'm afraid

amazing truck
By melissa12493 on 07/14/12 10:19 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

My family has owned our 2000 durango for 12 years now and it is a fantastic truck. With just about 166,000 miles its still kicking. Just took a truckload of people comfortably to Warped Tour in it with no problems. With the seats down, there's like 80 cubic feet of storage (more than a hummer). Only things that have been replaced are the door locks and heater core and also the AC compressor a long time ago. Can't kill this engine if you tried. A true tank in the snow and ice. Only complaint is the gas mileage, but otherwise this truck has served me well.

saved my life
By preston11 on 04/26/12 11:40 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV

i have had my durango for about a year and it was fun to drive and was great on gas. but one day i was out with my friend we were on a dirt road messing around but then we were heading home and a deer ran out in front of me. i lost control of the car and flipthe durango we were ok nothing to bad but the suv was a lose. i would have to say that the durango saved my life and i would be proud to buy another one.

Reliable family SUV, bad bad. mpg!
By steveerai on 09/14/11 07:05 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

We have had this car for about a year and it has been good to us. The leather and suade interior is so nice! The 2nd and 3rd rows are very spacious. A few things we don't like is the mpg! We get about 12-15 city and 15-17 hwy. Not very economical at all. Also the lever to put down the 2nd row seats is too close to the plastics. I always scrape my nuckle as it is VERY hard to pull. Other then that its a nice family suv, that's if your last name is Gates or Trump. As the gas price will cost you a fortune! !!!

I thought i would hate it but i love it
By evolanceroz on 07/31/11 13:26 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

When my BMW broke down i had to get a new vehicle. I work for a VW dealership and a customer traded this durango in. This truck was immaculant for the miles. I was used to 30 mpg but always in a small car. This SUV is comfortable and very fun to drive. I have heard and saw all the horror stories about this truck. I will not be getting rid of this vehicle at all!!!

warranty with U.S fidells? sorry but love our durango
By leadfoot54 on 03/02/11 16:55 PM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango R/T 4dr SUV 4WD

We love our durango poor gas miles replaced all the door locks and now the transmission has whent out we had U.S fidells and what a joke they are payed them for over year and got the run around with the transmission we ended up pay for the rebuilt transmission

Overall, has been good to me
By Jared on 11/25/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this thinking the gas mileage wouldn't be too bad with a 4.7 v8, boy was I wrong. My biggest complaint is the gas mileage and visibility. There is no reason a car with only a 4.7 should be getting this bad of gas mileage not to mention no nuts either! You'll be pushing 3500 rpm to pass on a hill. And the visibility being bad is because of the large sized window towers. But the 4x4 is awesome. It is impossible to get this thing stuck, its been deep in the snow and sand and has owned both like no problem. It handles curves very well with a tighter suspension, but does only 'okay' in snow and ice, it tends to slip a lot because of how high the rpms run.

Best and longest Car I ever owned
By merrirowes on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango Sport 4dr SUV 4WD

I had my Dodge Durango for 10 years and loved every minute of it. It did what I wanted and I had great gas mileage when I drove it 20 mpg on the highway. I cried when I traded it in for a newer SUV.

Great truck!
By 2000Durango on 09/01/10 22:54 PM (PDT)

2000 Dodge Durango SLT Plus 4dr SUV 4WD

This is an amazing truck! so many people bash it for problems some have had. all of my friends that owned one loved them. we got ours new back in 2000 and has been running great with 125,000 miles on it. no real problems ever occurred.