1999 Dodge Durango Consumer Review: Won't sell my Durango

1999 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Review

Won't sell my Durango
By scott r on

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my Durango a little over 2 years ago and have been pleased. The 5.9L is very thirsty but great power when needed. Ride is trucklike but agile. Too much wind and road noise at highway speeds. Only problems have been a tough-to-fix tranny leak that has added up to $400 and a driver's side power window motor(vehicle now has 87000 miles). Great size but would be nice to have enough for 4 x 8 sheet of plywood/sheetrock. Aesthetically appealing interior and exterior. ABS system poor on snow/ice; I could stop faster without. Have been thinking of selling for less expensive payments but it is too fun to drive and too handy to get rid of.

5.9 plenty of power. 4 wheel drive system great. Exterior looks appealing. 7 - 8 passenger seating. Rear heating and A/C great

5.9 very thirsty (10 mpg in town - and lucky to hit 15 mpg hwy). I think the 2004 Durango is addressing and attempting to fix deficiencies of earlier model.