1999 Dodge Durango Consumer Review: What am I gonna get now???

1999 Dodge Durango - Consumer Review

What am I gonna get now???
By SUVMAN on

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I've owned a '99 SLT+ for close to four years now. The only real gripe that I have is that the Durango rides a little too close to the pavement, and its ride with the factory shocks was below par. Its breaks also feel somewhat squishy in harsh braking conditions. Other than that, it's been a great vehicle. The 5.9 is extremely powerful for a vehicle of this size, and a lead foot on the gas pedal will burn a quick hole through your wallet. After sitting in a plethora of comparably equipped SUV's, the interior fit and finish of my truck appeals to me now more than ever. Not one squeek or rattle after 60K+ miles. Based on my experience with three other 4x4 SUV's, this is VERY unusual.

Favorite Features

Extremely powerful engine Huge bang for the buck, when comparing other comparably equiped SUV's. Rugged yet refined interior. Stereo controls on steering wheel. Leather seats and steering wheel still look and feel new. Huggs corners and accelerates more like sports sedan.

Suggested Improvements

Below average gas milage. Too much plastic on the bumpers. Somewhat underpowered breaks. Minivan looking rear profile.