1999 Dodge Durango 5.2L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - No More Durangos for Me

1999 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Review

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

No More Durangos for Me
By PoeTayToe on

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Realizing that this was a used vehicle when I bought it, I still feel the upper and lower ball joints should have lasted much longer than 65,000 miles. A gas hog from the word go, stutters when it passes a gas station. When the gas prices were reasonable, it was a fun vehicle to drive. However, it is awfully sluggish considering it has a 5.2L V8. Goes really good in the snow. An electrical problem waylayed the local dealership for 10 days over three different visits trying to make the repairs! Rear seat leg room is minimal. Third row seat should be reserved for kids or small adults.

Favorite Features

Great factory radio, I want one for my Intrepid! Stylish looks, leather seats. Power drivers seat made adjustments easy.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the gas mileage. Work on the power. As much gas as it uses, it should have a lot more get up and go. Start off with quality parts. Provide the technicians at the dealerships with appropriate training and adequate equipment.