Never again a Dodge!!!
By balto-man on
1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD
At first, I fell in love with my Durango. It's power, stylish looks, big tires, good handling were all fun until: The rear tailgate latch broke, a psngr. door wouldn't unlock (no fix), a loud chirping from the rear couldn't be fixed, the a/c stopped working from some electrical problem (they managed to fix this 1), then the engine stalled on several occasions and the dealer (after having my Durango for 3 wks) couldn't fix this 1! This almost got me and a dealership mechanic in a few accidents! I traded it in ASAP. I should also mention that the dealership where I bought the Durango treated me like I was some kind of criminal. Never again will I buy a Dodge!
Favorite Features
Plenty of power from the 5.9L V8 Magnum engine. Stylish look of exterior. Large 31 inch tires. With tow-package it has good tight handling for a mid- size suv. Really nice Infinity audio system.
Suggested Improvements
Needs lot of help with gas mileage! Very poor crash-test safety ratings! Very unreliable: Dodge dealerships could not fix most problems that developed!