Love/Hate Relationship
By Diverdown on
1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD
I bought this car to replace my aging Dodge Caravan and for the purpose of towing a recently aquired boat. Little did I know what I was in for. I love the fact that it is big, but not a monster. It can hold the family or carry lots of stuff and still fit in a parking space. Both the interior and exterior design are nice on the eye, but it drinks gas like it has a hole in the gas tank and has a lot of quirks that require attention. I have almost 97,000 miles and the leather has held up very well. The problems I have had which I have seen in other reviews is the speedo went dead, found out it was the rear a/c sensor. Eats oil with no idea where it goes, window regulators are sparatic.
Favorite Features
Bold looks, holds everyone or everything, rear a/c, trip computer amd can park it at Walmart in those tight spaces.
Suggested Improvements
Fuel economy, corrision protection, resale value. My lift gate is rotting away and I see rust forming on the inside of my doors, my back latch sticks, window regulates stop working then work again, steering is very sloppy and walks all over the place.