Love it .........
By mtn_jake on
1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD
Bought with 34K miles June 02. I'm the 2nd owner of this Durango. With 40K miles, still love it. Lots of room & comfort. Power to spare pulling a trailer. [2nd Dodge I've owned, 1st was an 84 W150 4X4 trk, now with 295K miles!] No problems to speak of with my Durango..yet..hope none to happen. Except for the usual items expected to be replaced from normal use. The gas mileage doesn't bother me, you have to expect to get low MPG with the vehicle weight & engine size (5.9L). There has to be some compromise. I've had some noises in the front end & checked them out, nothing found. I've just accepted them for now. Hopefully, nothing will come of them.
Favorite Features
Style & rugged looks, ground clearance, comfort, storage area in the rear area, towing package, sound system, engine power.
Suggested Improvements
No improvements needed really.... could add small lights on the bottom of the doors to help when stopped on the roadside to aid in seeing during night time and for safety for oncoming traffic to be able to see your vehicle when stopped (light/red reflector). I highly recommend it.