1999 Dodge Durango Consumer Review: Fabulous - if you can afford i

1999 Dodge Durango - Consumer Review

Fabulous - if you can afford it.
By So-So on

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

My mother purchased this car for me at 130,000 miles and it ran perfect then. In the winter, this thing is a dream - blizzard? I don't care, 4WD - I'm going to the mall! So-so MPG is worth it. In the summer? No, thank you. MPG plus AC? No. Plus, my AC stopped working at 150,000 miles! The heater is questionable too. It takes longer than usual to defrost the windows in the winter. Also, all of that 4WD use caused driving to become uncomfortably rocky late this winter, prompting a $899 bill to replace four ball joints, tire rod end, and a wheel alignment; front end work common with this vehicle.

3rd row seating! Slim design, easier to park and maneuver than most SUVs. Is 10 years old, but still looking good. Very roomy, 3rd row folds down allowing you to utilize the back for furniture hauling, etc. GREAT WINTER DRIVING. Tough, was not damaged in minor rear-end.

Bumper rusts easy. Costs me $60-a-week to fuel, transmission could be to blame. AC QUIT WORKING, $800 to repair. Ball joints, issue. With 175,000 could break 200,000, I just don't have the mechanical know-how to diagnose and fix it anymore. It's a great seasonal car (winter driving). Very cozy.