1999 Dodge Durango Consumer Review: Been good to me

1999 Dodge Durango - Consumer Review

Been good to me
By Corsair on

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I leased my Durango in Sept of '99. It was a dealer demo. I had a lot of problems with the dealer during/after the sale & they 'forgot' to mention some details about buying a dealer demo vehicle. Overall I am very UNIMPRESSED with the original dealership & most Dodge dealerships in my area. Otherwise I love the truck. Yes, it gets poor gas mileage but I KNEW it would when I bought it! The only problem I have had was the driver's window regulator stopped working within the first few months. Otherwise I have had no problems. I must have gotten one of the 'good' ones. The vehicle only has 28K miles on it and I baby it (maintenance, washes, etc).

5.9L 360 cid HP and torque are great although reduced in the CO mountains. Interior is spacious and versatile (3rd seat option). Stable at speed and cruises well. It is also fairly competant at off roading (class 3/4 trails). Great looks even after 3 yrs.

Find a different OEM tire supplier. Those Goodyear Wrangler RTS tires are worthless and already need replacement. Do a 4-wheel alignment on ALL vehicles after arriving at the dealership. Better customer service!!! Work on improving the gas mileage to be more comparable to other V8s.