1999 Dodge Durango Consumer Review: A Dependable Friend

1999 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Review

A Dependable Friend
By docluck on

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I actually recently turned in my 98 Durango after having owned it for five and-a-quarter years. In that time, it was the most dependable American car I'd ever owned, and it rarely gave me any major mechanical problems. It looked great even when I turned it in 5 years later. I found the 5.2 liter 318 engine very adept at doing it's job. In the time I had it, I moved 3 times. During the first two moves, I towed a fully packed 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix behind, and the Durnago never broke a sweat, even climbing through the mountains. The truck was good on the road, and had enough weight to it that I didn't feel like the trailer was driving the truck.

The third row seat came in handly many times when we would have family come to visit. At most (with some children), we were able to fit 8 people comfortably inside.

I only had my truck in for major repairs due to a timing belt problem, and for one other issue which was covered under warranty. So, no mechanical complaints. I think that perhaps a little bit more legroom for the third row of seats would be a good improvement.