Used 1999 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

Love the Durango
By Jbop

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my second Durango. My first was a 2000 model year. Had to get rid of it. Tried other SUV's. Not the same. Only complaint I have is that air conditioning does not work. Always spending money on the A/C. Kids love it too!

Favorite Features

Looks and Style Comfort of Driver. Stero controls on Steering column Easy to navigate around town.

Suggested Improvements

No rear air. It seems to cause problems.

99 durango
By cheryl hayes

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I love the roomy interior, the comfort and the drive. I have had only 1 problem and that being using a automactic car wash the water gets in the distibutor and the car has to dry out a few minutes before starting.

Favorite Features

I love the vechicl and the third seat is super with all our family going together.

Suggested Improvements

GAS MILEAGE!!!!!!!!!!

No More Durangos for Me
By PoeTayToe

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Realizing that this was a used vehicle when I bought it, I still feel the upper and lower ball joints should have lasted much longer than 65,000 miles. A gas hog from the word go, stutters when it passes a gas station. When the gas prices were reasonable, it was a fun vehicle to drive. However, it is awfully sluggish considering it has a 5.2L V8. Goes really good in the snow. An electrical problem waylayed the local dealership for 10 days over three different visits trying to make the repairs! Rear seat leg room is minimal. Third row seat should be reserved for kids or small adults.

Favorite Features

Great factory radio, I want one for my Intrepid! Stylish looks, leather seats. Power drivers seat made adjustments easy.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the gas mileage. Work on the power. As much gas as it uses, it should have a lot more get up and go. Start off with quality parts. Provide the technicians at the dealerships with appropriate training and adequate equipment.

1999 Dodge
By mtfitchs

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought it new & have enjoyed driving it. It works great for a big family. Lots of room, leg space, comfortable for the kids. Great in snow, rain, on, off road.

Favorite Features

Has third row seating & seats lie down if you need additional storage.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage needs to be improved. It gets 12-13 in town, 15-16 on highway.

Looks good, not build good
By cordled

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have always loved the way Dodge trucks looked. That's what attacted me to the Durango. Now after owning it for 5 years I still like the looks but I had to get a new transmission ($2600) in March of 2003. Now this year front and rear diffs, engine intake and the rear axle/bearings needs replaced (another $3500). I will probably never purchase another Dodge again.