1999 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Love the Durango
By Jbop on 05/13/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This is my second Durango. My first was a 2000 model year. Had to get rid of it. Tried other SUV's. Not the same. Only complaint I have is that air conditioning does not work. Always spending money on the A/C. Kids love it too!

99 durango
By cheryl hayes on 05/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I love the roomy interior, the comfort and the drive. I have had only 1 problem and that being using a automactic car wash the water gets in the distibutor and the car has to dry out a few minutes before starting.

No More Durangos for Me
By PoeTayToe on 04/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Realizing that this was a used vehicle when I bought it, I still feel the upper and lower ball joints should have lasted much longer than 65,000 miles. A gas hog from the word go, stutters when it passes a gas station. When the gas prices were reasonable, it was a fun vehicle to drive. However, it is awfully sluggish considering it has a 5.2L V8. Goes really good in the snow. An electrical problem waylayed the local dealership for 10 days over three different visits trying to make the repairs! Rear seat leg room is minimal. Third row seat should be reserved for kids or small adults.

1999 Dodge
By mtfitchs on 04/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

We bought it new & have enjoyed driving it. It works great for a big family. Lots of room, leg space, comfortable for the kids. Great in snow, rain, on, off road.

Looks good, not build good
By cordled on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have always loved the way Dodge trucks looked. That's what attacted me to the Durango. Now after owning it for 5 years I still like the looks but I had to get a new transmission ($2600) in March of 2003. Now this year front and rear diffs, engine intake and the rear axle/bearings needs replaced (another $3500). I will probably never purchase another Dodge again.

My Dodge
By Priscilla on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV

I prefer this body style compared to the new 2004 Durango.

Great 4X4 or cargo hauler
By dfan on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Great Suv for the long road trip. Not so good to put a DVD in. Handles excellent in the poor weather(I have tested it out in 18+ inches of snow). Fairly easy to get in and out. I have been hit twice in it. Once in the front and it crumpled and took all the impact and the other on the side which caused the door to crumple up and it took most of the impact. Third row seating does not have climate controls or vents and it does get a little stale on long trips unless you get the R/T model which has vents for third row seating.

Christine
By picsbyron on 03/08/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Great except for the gas milage.

Love that Durango
By t2529ac on 03/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV

This is my first SUV. I love how it is large enough to take 7 or 8 people out to dinner, or just for a drive. We have taken this vehicle to Michigan 4 times on vacation. I love how it turns on a dime. I plan to sell it and get a new 2005 Durango. I have friends who have got the 2000 and above models, but mine seems to be when Dodge broke the mold.

4 Wheeling in a 'Caddie'
By Happikampr on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

My Durango has been a pretty good vehicle. We do a lot of family 4- wheeling and find it quite comfortable. Gas mileage is not high but it has the power and comfort to go 4-wheeling in style.