Used 1999 Dodge Durango Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 Dodge Durango - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:

SORRY DODGE YOU SCREWED UP!
By Durangos Suck

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought the Durango a $1000 under what everyone else was asking and got a great deal. One year later the truck depreciates $3500 bucks, and have had nothing but problems since. Had to put in tranny seals in 2 times now, ball joint are goin out, tie rod ends are going out, exhaust is going out. shocks, minor electrical, squeaky pullys, fog light switch, windshield spayers, differental is acting wierd, Braking is pretty funky as well somtimes the antilocks works somtimes they don't. I am at the point I am scared to keep it any longer. Oh yes and everybodys favorite complaint the HORRABLE gas mialage! 10 mpg.

Great tough appearance Huge interior nice dash set up 4x4

GAS MIALAGE, The RIDE which the fixed with the new models (jee thanks) and parts that work!!!

BIG MISTAKE
By TJC

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I WAS HAPPY TO TRADE THIS VEHICLE IN AFTER LESS THAN A YEAR OF OWNERSHIP. WE EXPERIENCED PROBLEMS WITH SOME ELECTRICAL SENSORS FAILING. HOWEVER, THE MOST COSTLY & DISTURBING PROBLEMS CAME AFTER THE ENGINE STARTED LOOSING OIL PRESSURE AT LESS THAN 70,000 MILES. THE DEALERSHIP WE TOOK IT TO WAS NO HELP AT ALL. APPARENTLY THIS HAS BEEN A PROBLEM FOR A NUMBER OF DURANGO OWNERS. LOOK AT CONSUMER AFFAIRS REPORTS CLOSELY BEFORE PURCHASING THIS SUV! THOUGH IT HAD ALL THE FEATURES WE WANTED, IT HAS COST ME A TON OF MONEY. I HAVE REPLACED IT WITH A TAHOE AND GET BETTER MILAGE, SMOOTHER RIDE, MORE POWER, & MORE ROOM.

EXTERIOR STYLING.

TOO MUCH TO LIST...

Sorry To See The Real Durango Go
By BravoCharlie

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I love my 99 Durango. 5 years & 75000 miles and the only problem has been a recurring blow on the cooling feed gasket -- not catestrophic but annoying. Other than that, solid. No creaks, no rattles, great reliability. Of course, I have it in for its 15000 mile pressure oil flush, pressure trans flush, and pressure coolant flush. Nominal maintenance as far as I am concerned... don't want to shell out another 40 grand for a new one! -- All in all, wife and I and foursome have been thrilled.

Perfect size. Great leather. Great layout. Easy to look at. Plenty of power. No problems. Plenty of room for foursome's golf bags. And, on all that, reliable home in case of earthquake!

New Durango is so ugly and funky, my auto salesman cannot sell me a new one. We'll just keep this one running thank you very much.

Would But It Again in a Heartbeat
By Goldynluvr

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

Bought it new with a 5.2L V8 and have never regretted it. Not even when the gas prices topped $2 per gallon here. It was a huge adjustment since my previous vehicle was a Saturn. But that only took a few days and she's been purring ever since. Sure it rides like a truck, but if I'd wanted a car, I would've bought one. Some minor glitches, otherwise no trouble.

Steering wheel audio controls, overhead console and the POWER. The color is still outstanding...Chili Pepper Red.

Too late for that, I saw the new 2004 and they ruined the looks of it. It looks like a minivan...God forbid I ever fall into that category...!

Love it!
By Mankster

1999 Dodge Durango SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I've had nothing but fun with my Durango. Compared to other SUVs, it ROCKS! Too many of them lack power, styling, room, etc... Not the Durango. It has all the above. The only thing I would like improved, would be the gas milage, though it's not all that bad when compared to other SUVs.

Power, Styling, "Feel"

Find a way to get better mileage out of the V8 engine.