1998 Dodge Durango SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Durango model:
Nice SUV
By Pac_man on 03/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I have had very good luck with my Durango. I love the flexibility and styling. The ride can be a little rough and the gas mileage is terrible, but other than that it's a great SUV. If they sold the same truck with a diesel, I would buy it in a second.

98 Dodge ok
By Handcuff on 03/04/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

The 98 Durango is a good suv but has a serious gas problem.

P.O.S.
By eray on 02/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

I will never purchase another Dodge product in my entire life!!! I have owned it for about 4 yrs and have sunk nearly 6K in fixing it! It now has only 80K miles. The rear bearings went out at 37K miles. The water pump, window motor, radiator, upper and lower control arms (replaced them twice!), tyrods, ball joints, and factory cd radio have all been replace. I highly recomend no one ever purchasing this vehicle.

an excelent SUV
By edmundov on 01/09/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

This is a very strong vehicle, I´m very happy with my Durango

^@!%&! Ugh!!!
By ANTIDURANGO on 12/12/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

If I could curse here I would! Where do I start! How is it this piece of S... has less than 80k miles and the transmission goes? How about the window motor? Fuel Pump, power steering, A/C? These are not typical wear and tear items! If you are reviewing this, please take my advice, NEVER EVER BUY THIS SUV! OK, so I was like you too, I really liked this SUV. My sister had one and ran into the same Window and tranny problem. I was stupid and didn't take her advice. NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!

Good vehicle
By znn94x on 11/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1998 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

No problems with my Durango other than the gas mileage, but that is to be expected. Excellent build quality and fun to drive - plus it has the offroad capability if you need it.

No More Dodge's For Me
By TimA on 09/22/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

My lease is up in a month and I can't wait. The moment my 36,000 mile warrenty expired the problems started...to the tune of about $4,500 since that time, AC evaporator, power window motor, cracked oil pump, battery and even with regular tire rotation, had to replace 4 tires at 24,000 miles. They look great, they ride nice but whats the use if mechanically they're amess!

I love It
By Rebecca S on 09/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

My 1998 Durango has 95,000 miles on it and still purrs like a kitten. I live in a very rural and mountainous region. Gets me anywhere I want to go. I love all of the interior room. Great for traveling but not on a daily errand basis. Not good gas mileage. At 70,000 miles repaired a window motor, air conditioning hose and valve. Other than tires and regular maintenance. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone who needs a powerful suv......

works for me
By bubba on 09/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

100k miles plus with minor problems. One window motor switch, leaking transfer case seal at 100k, abs speed sensor, ball joints replaced.... no other major problems. used to tow a 25' boat and does it well. i like the car.

Piece of junk
By G Jacobs on 08/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1998 Dodge Durango SUV SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

By 45000 miles I have relpace the A/C, ball joints, full set of breaks, battery, roof rack, tran repairs, sifter knob, and a list of other items to long to recount. Junk.