1993 Dobitshi Daytona ES 3.0L V6
By Dobishi on
1993 Dodge Daytona ES 2dr Hatchback
Bought the car from a private seller about 2ish years ago for $1000. Since then I've put about 700 dollars under the hood from blown head gaskets and radiators. I get about 8 MPG city and maybe 14 MPG highway, which is worse than corvettes of the time with much less power. I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone unless they bought the IROC or dropped a V8 RWD conversion into it to make it true muscle. I do, however, like the sound of the car. The day I bought it, I put a Thrush Turbo muffler on it and routed the exhaust out behind the doors. As I drive down the road, I can hear the Mitsubishi V6 growl like a caged animal. Interior is great. The true bucket seats are great to sleep in.
Favorite Features
Interior is a trickster. I've had friends get in the back and have to lay down just to get room, which is nice because then I don't have to drag people around. I like the power from the V6 and the sound but that's it.
Suggested Improvements
MPG??? And it would be nice to be able to add Twin Turbo to the car, considering the engine that is in the car is the same that is in the 3000GT which can be turbo'd. But there's no room for a turbo under the hood of this car. Maybe make it a little more sound proof as well.