Used 1991 Dodge Daytona Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Dodge Daytona Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Daytona model:

91daytona ES
By Chryslerman21

1991 Dodge Daytona Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

I am a proud owner of a 1991 Daytona Es. The car is moderately well loaded. I accumulate mileage quickly, and my daytona has had very few problems. It is a high mileage vehicle (160k) but is still running strong. I did however replace the transmission not that long ago, due to some internal bearing noise (previous owner didn't fill up trans lube) and the only other beef I have is the fact that it blows some blue smoke dude to worn valve seals (very common on 3L)

I love the sleek body style! The v-6 makes it pretty quick, and the gas mileage is incredible at 28 mpg mostly city driving (this is coming from a man who likes to put his foot into it)

I'm a little dissapointed with the valve seals going bad and the amount of oil it leaks

wish I could keep it
By tj in VA

1991 Dodge Daytona Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

Fairly reliable, sporty looks, good handling, looks great with ES ground effects, looks stupid without them! I retired this car at 175K, since I now have a wife and baby daughter, and the backseat (what backseat?) is too small, and the car sits too low to the ground for my wife. Otherwise, it still runs great! Although My ES doesn't have the Overdrive Automatic(a historical trouble spot), the 3 speed auto transmission did die at 120K. I have the same trans in a '96 Voyager and, at 107K, it's starting to hiccup in the same manner. just be sure you expect a trans problem. I haven't had any problems with the 2.5L 4 cyl, except for injector/throttle cleaning and an EGR valve.

handling, gas mileage, style, easy to maintain and repair. Cheap to repair. Really good crash test rating (but it would be sad to wreck it) The 2.5L auto is strong enough in this size car, and fairly quick, given that it is a 4cyl.

the car isn't made anymore, but I hear chrysler still can't make a transmission last over 120K.... That is sad.

Dodge Daytona
By JayM026

1991 Dodge Daytona Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

When i bought the car some sensors were not working and the car was in not so good shape, i spend no more than like i would say $200 on sensors and performance parts, and well the car runs great and is a fast sports care i would recommend this car to anyone it has its quriks like most cars, but i love it its reilable and starts up everyday!

Love the power lock, windows, mirros- I love the idiot systems, doesnt let u lokc keys in car, and lets u know the signal is still on if u forget to turn it off.

I think the car is perfect

mechanics special
By kompilashun

1991 Dodge Daytona Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

MY neighbor owns a 91 daytona and the car has nickel and dimed him to death alot of the problems start with the poorly designed 3 litre v6 just about everything in the world that could go wrong with the car has. I would steer clear of this vehicle if at all possible. But the vehicles dependability & performance depend on the maintance recieved. Helpful hint be careful when buying this model of car.

Shockingly good car
By Saildude

1991 Dodge Daytona Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

Bought as a cheap backup car, but it shocks me. 200,000 hard miles and still drives like new. All options still work perfectly, ice cold air, solid criuse-control, very comfortable interior, not a single rattle in the body! simple 2.5L, 5-speed surprisingly quick, handles great. Had to replace radiator and o2 sensor but that's it! Very reliable! I'd drive it anywhere. Was a temporary backup, but now I drive it all the time!

Styling, in and out, reliability, inexpensive to maintain, 5-speed, parts easy to find, tight body and engine, even after 200,000 miles! Gets a good 30mpg or more.

Nothing.