Used 1991 Dodge Daytona ES Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Dodge Daytona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Daytona model:

Best car in the world
By Mojtaba

1991 Dodge Daytona Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

I own this beauty for almost 7 months and I would say I had some small issues, but she didn't let me down at all. Mine is not a Shelby but C/S edition which has all of the Shelby package in it and runs light rocket. This is my favorite car of all time and with cheap upgrades you can make these run 11-12 in 1/4 mile. The only thing is because i got the Shelby's Maximum Performance package, my suspensions are so stiff that the car doesnt like bumps at all.

Favorite Features

Everything about it. Turbo 2.5L engine, Beautiful body design, P/windows, mirros, doors, Cruise control. Pumper wheels.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing needs to be done, although I would love to have more comfortable ride on those bumpy roads, but shes all about performance.

The Flame
By deaconwise1

1991 Dodge Daytona Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

Great car to drive. I have a five speed with a V6. It still competes with the best of them. This has over 250,000 miles on it and it still gives any car in its class or higher a good run. People still ask me whats under the hood. I say just change the oil every 3000 miles and tune it up with some plugs every 5000 miles. The car is great on gas. The best part, I brought this car for $300.00 sitting in someone's backyard with weeds growing around it and wasp nest in the door jambs. I was told it hasn't run for years. "One day it stop running." So I hook up some cables to the battery. It turns, but didn't start. No spark. I change the coil, turn the key...Voom! on the first crank. What a car!

Favorite Features

Too many to list.

Suggested Improvements

Upgade the spark plugs for better performance.

'91 Daytona ES
By mandawg2020

1991 Dodge Daytona Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

Well I got the car and alomost immediatly I started to have some problems with it. I eventually got a new engine, catalytic coverter, radiator, and the tranmission rebuilt; twice. It runs good now but there are still some things that could be better. The radiator fan is hooked up to a manual switch on the dash because when the engine was changed the person that did the work screwed up the wiring. I would like to get new glass all around and a new paint job aswell. I'm working on getting new tires and wheels for it. I would also like to soup up the engine and get more horse power out of the 5speed manual 2.5Ltr 4-banger engine. It's my first car and I'm learning a lot and want it to run better.

Favorite Features

The very comfortable front seats. I've slept many nights in that car just because the seats are so nice. The interior is so roomy and spacious too. I love it.

Suggested Improvements

I would make working on the engine easier to do because it's hard to access some of the places to work on them without having to take like 30 different things out and then replace them in order to fix one thing.

1991 Dodge Daytona ES
By Mark

1991 Dodge Daytona Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

I just got a '91 daytona and it is a nice little car to own. The gas mileage is excellent and is powerful for a 4 cylinder. Have 142,900 miles on it and still running good.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, roomy front seating, powerful 4 cylinder engine.

Suggested Improvements

Larger back seat

91daytona ES
By Chryslerman21

1991 Dodge Daytona Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

I am a proud owner of a 1991 Daytona Es. The car is moderately well loaded. I accumulate mileage quickly, and my daytona has had very few problems. It is a high mileage vehicle (160k) but is still running strong. I did however replace the transmission not that long ago, due to some internal bearing noise (previous owner didn't fill up trans lube) and the only other beef I have is the fact that it blows some blue smoke dude to worn valve seals (very common on 3L)

Favorite Features

I love the sleek body style! The v-6 makes it pretty quick, and the gas mileage is incredible at 28 mpg mostly city driving (this is coming from a man who likes to put his foot into it)

Suggested Improvements

I'm a little dissapointed with the valve seals going bad and the amount of oil it leaks