1991 Dodge Daytona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Daytona model:
Best car in the world
By Mojtaba on 03/02/08 10:07 AM (PST)

1991 Dodge Daytona ES 2dr Hatchback

I own this beauty for almost 7 months and I would say I had some small issues, but she didn't let me down at all. Mine is not a Shelby but C/S edition which has all of the Shelby package in it and runs light rocket. This is my favorite car of all time and with cheap upgrades you can make these run 11-12 in 1/4 mile. The only thing is because i got the Shelby's Maximum Performance package, my suspensions are so stiff that the car doesnt like bumps at all.

The Flame
By deaconwise1 on 09/18/06 06:17 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Daytona ES 2dr Hatchback

Great car to drive. I have a five speed with a V6. It still competes with the best of them. This has over 250,000 miles on it and it still gives any car in its class or higher a good run. People still ask me whats under the hood. I say just change the oil every 3000 miles and tune it up with some plugs every 5000 miles. The car is great on gas. The best part, I brought this car for $300.00 sitting in someone's backyard with weeds growing around it and wasp nest in the door jambs. I was told it hasn't run for years. "One day it stop running." So I hook up some cables to the battery. It turns, but didn't start. No spark. I change the coil, turn the key...Voom! on the first crank. What a car!

'91 Daytona ES
By mandawg2020 on 04/15/06 18:04 PM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Daytona ES 2dr Hatchback

Well I got the car and alomost immediatly I started to have some problems with it. I eventually got a new engine, catalytic coverter, radiator, and the tranmission rebuilt; twice. It runs good now but there are still some things that could be better. The radiator fan is hooked up to a manual switch on the dash because when the engine was changed the person that did the work screwed up the wiring. I would like to get new glass all around and a new paint job aswell. I'm working on getting new tires and wheels for it. I would also like to soup up the engine and get more horse power out of the 5speed manual 2.5Ltr 4-banger engine. It's my first car and I'm learning a lot and want it to run better.

1991 Dodge Daytona ES
By Mark on 07/17/05 11:45 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Daytona ES 2dr Hatchback

I just got a '91 daytona and it is a nice little car to own. The gas mileage is excellent and is powerful for a 4 cylinder. Have 142,900 miles on it and still running good.

91daytona ES
By Chryslerman21 on 07/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Daytona ES 2dr Hatchback

I am a proud owner of a 1991 Daytona Es. The car is moderately well loaded. I accumulate mileage quickly, and my daytona has had very few problems. It is a high mileage vehicle (160k) but is still running strong. I did however replace the transmission not that long ago, due to some internal bearing noise (previous owner didn't fill up trans lube) and the only other beef I have is the fact that it blows some blue smoke dude to worn valve seals (very common on 3L)

wish I could keep it
By tj in VA on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Daytona ES 2dr Hatchback

Fairly reliable, sporty looks, good handling, looks great with ES ground effects, looks stupid without them! I retired this car at 175K, since I now have a wife and baby daughter, and the backseat (what backseat?) is too small, and the car sits too low to the ground for my wife. Otherwise, it still runs great! Although My ES doesn't have the Overdrive Automatic(a historical trouble spot), the 3 speed auto transmission did die at 120K. I have the same trans in a '96 Voyager and, at 107K, it's starting to hiccup in the same manner. just be sure you expect a trans problem. I haven't had any problems with the 2.5L 4 cyl, except for injector/throttle cleaning and an EGR valve.

Dodge Daytona
By JayM026 on 02/11/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Dodge Daytona ES 2dr Hatchback

When i bought the car some sensors were not working and the car was in not so good shape, i spend no more than like i would say $200 on sensors and performance parts, and well the car runs great and is a fast sports care i would recommend this car to anyone it has its quriks like most cars, but i love it its reilable and starts up everyday!

mechanics special
By kompilashun on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1991 Dodge Daytona ES 2dr Hatchback

MY neighbor owns a 91 daytona and the car has nickel and dimed him to death alot of the problems start with the poorly designed 3 litre v6 just about everything in the world that could go wrong with the car has. I would steer clear of this vehicle if at all possible. But the vehicles dependability & performance depend on the maintance recieved. Helpful hint be careful when buying this model of car.

Shockingly good car
By Saildude on 09/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1991 Dodge Daytona ES 2dr Hatchback

Bought as a cheap backup car, but it shocks me. 200,000 hard miles and still drives like new. All options still work perfectly, ice cold air, solid criuse-control, very comfortable interior, not a single rattle in the body! simple 2.5L, 5-speed surprisingly quick, handles great. Had to replace radiator and o2 sensor but that's it! Very reliable! I'd drive it anywhere. Was a temporary backup, but now I drive it all the time!