Used 1991 Dodge Daytona Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1991 Dodge Daytona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Daytona model:

Daytona ES
By rams73

1991 Dodge Daytona IROC 2dr Hatchback

I own a 91 Daytona ES that I just drove back from NM back to Denver. It just turned over 147k. This car has been in the family since it was new on the show room floor so I know the history of the car. I have taken excellent care of it and love the way it looks and drives on the interstate. I've had to replace the fuel pump after 20 years just replaced the rack and pinion clutch timing belt brakes and regular maintenance to the vehicle. I would like to enhance the power and suspension and fix it all up, but my brother tells me "You can't polish a turd"! (Rude) The interior and exterior are in excellent shape aside from the front fender from hitting and killing a dear.

Seats. I like all the features.

More horses under the hood and an upgraded stiffer sports car suspension. Bigger wheels.

2.5 Turbo built drag car
By Moparguy

1991 Dodge Daytona Shelby Turbo 2dr Hatchback

I built up this car for drag racing, installed Mopar injectors, high flow fuel pump, hybrid turbo, OBX limited slip diff, etc etc. Chrysler built these cars STRONG from the factory, they can take tons of abuse. I have had little to no issues with the car at all. The seats are comfy and hold you in your seat around turns, and are power adjustable. The 5 speed manual gearbox is the only way to go in my opinion, and the car has taken many clutch-dump launches with ease.

Wicked power, handling, seats, pretty good gas milage (when your not hammering the gas all the time). Beautiful body design with the Shelby ground effects, look amazing with rims and tint.

Best car in the world
By Mojtaba

1991 Dodge Daytona ES 2dr Hatchback

I own this beauty for almost 7 months and I would say I had some small issues, but she didn't let me down at all. Mine is not a Shelby but C/S edition which has all of the Shelby package in it and runs light rocket. This is my favorite car of all time and with cheap upgrades you can make these run 11-12 in 1/4 mile. The only thing is because i got the Shelby's Maximum Performance package, my suspensions are so stiff that the car doesnt like bumps at all.

Everything about it. Turbo 2.5L engine, Beautiful body design, P/windows, mirros, doors, Cruise control. Pumper wheels.

Nothing needs to be done, although I would love to have more comfortable ride on those bumpy roads, but shes all about performance.

The Flame
By deaconwise1

1991 Dodge Daytona ES 2dr Hatchback

Great car to drive. I have a five speed with a V6. It still competes with the best of them. This has over 250,000 miles on it and it still gives any car in its class or higher a good run. People still ask me whats under the hood. I say just change the oil every 3000 miles and tune it up with some plugs every 5000 miles. The car is great on gas. The best part, I brought this car for $300.00 sitting in someone's backyard with weeds growing around it and wasp nest in the door jambs. I was told it hasn't run for years. "One day it stop running." So I hook up some cables to the battery. It turns, but didn't start. No spark. I change the coil, turn the key...Voom! on the first crank. What a car!

Too many to list.

Upgade the spark plugs for better performance.

'91 Daytona ES
By mandawg2020

1991 Dodge Daytona ES 2dr Hatchback

Well I got the car and alomost immediatly I started to have some problems with it. I eventually got a new engine, catalytic coverter, radiator, and the tranmission rebuilt; twice. It runs good now but there are still some things that could be better. The radiator fan is hooked up to a manual switch on the dash because when the engine was changed the person that did the work screwed up the wiring. I would like to get new glass all around and a new paint job aswell. I'm working on getting new tires and wheels for it. I would also like to soup up the engine and get more horse power out of the 5speed manual 2.5Ltr 4-banger engine. It's my first car and I'm learning a lot and want it to run better.

The very comfortable front seats. I've slept many nights in that car just because the seats are so nice. The interior is so roomy and spacious too. I love it.

I would make working on the engine easier to do because it's hard to access some of the places to work on them without having to take like 30 different things out and then replace them in order to fix one thing.