1990 Dodge Daytona Consumer Review: FLAME

1990 Dodge Daytona Hatchback - Consumer Review

By deaconwise1 on

1990 Dodge Daytona ES 2dr Hatchback

I brought this car for $300.00. It was sitting in a yard. I was told the the engine caught on fire a year earlier. It was sitting since that time. Three of the six spark plug wires were burnt off. But when I try to start it, It turn over on the first crank. But I turn it off quickly. I brought new plugs and wires. Start it again, she purr. Drove it home. Got it tune, oil change, air filter and put new tires on it. I have done little to it. Needed valve cover gaskets. The car runs great. No other problems with it. I drive it to work and all over town. It still turns heads. Body is in good shape. Next a paint job. by the way it eat any 4cyl. car out there. Great on gas!!

I love the way it sounds. Can't believe it's only 141hp. It gets rubber in the first three gears. Great car for 6cyls. I'm still amazed that I found such a great car for what I paid for her. I had many offers to sell. NO WAY!

I would to put an turbo charger on it. But I think none was made for the 3.0 If so let me know. Trying to find some sort of way to boost her HP. She has a little wear inside and out, but the engine is not only sound but fast. Looking to buy another one. But I know not for $300.00 She one of a kind!!