1990 Dodge Daytona Consumer Review: Turbo Shelby's Live Forever!

1990 Dodge Daytona - Consumer Review

Shelby 2dr Hatchback (2.2L 4-cyl. Turbo 5-speed Manual)

Turbo Shelby's Live Forever!
By Ernest Laird on

1990 Dodge Daytona Shelby Turbo 2dr Hatchback

Mine is actualy an 87' Shelby Z, but similar enough to the 90'. I found the car with on ly 71k pampered miles on it, garage kept, in near perfect condition. I conduct all the regular service and repairs on it myself, except alignments, This is my thrid Dodge/Plymouth of this type, early 90's FWD, and all of them have been an incredible joy to drive, given me verry verry few problems, and the few they gave I was able to fix myself easily and at minimal cost. These cars are incredibly fun to drive every day and have a devoted following of verry inteligent and helpful owners. I hope to drive a car like this for the rest of my life, fun, fast and beautiful.

Tubocharged Intercooled 2.2L SOHC 8V I4 Engine creating a whopping 174hp and 225ft/lbs of tq. Heavy Duty Getrag of Germany designed and build 5 Speed Manual transmission. Easy to work on and maintain. Lots of high performance parts avalible. Smoking Civics who never see it coming.

Few if any, perform regular maintinence and take good care of them and they will run forever.