1990 Dodge Daytona Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Daytona model:
OMG Automatic
By Hunter on 09/14/06 23:03 PM (PDT)

1990 Dodge Daytona Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

This car has been very good to me other then the usual replacements on a used car with 160,000 miles. But I happened to get the automatic, which lets just say all should stay away from, because once one thing goes, it all goes as I found out. The speed stinks. It takes about 1/4-3/8 of a mile to get to 55mph. All the engine and transmission gaskets are leaking, the floor pans are all gone under both passenger and drivers feet, and the supports through the floor pans are broke and about gone.

FLAME
By deaconwise1 on 05/14/06 06:01 AM (PDT)

1990 Dodge Daytona Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

I brought this car for $300.00. It was sitting in a yard. I was told the the engine caught on fire a year earlier. It was sitting since that time. Three of the six spark plug wires were burnt off. But when I try to start it, It turn over on the first crank. But I turn it off quickly. I brought new plugs and wires. Start it again, she purr. Drove it home. Got it tune, oil change, air filter and put new tires on it. I have done little to it. Needed valve cover gaskets. The car runs great. No other problems with it. I drive it to work and all over town. It still turns heads. Body is in good shape. Next a paint job. by the way it eat any 4cyl. car out there. Great on gas!!

Great Car
By Matt on 01/25/06 22:57 PM (PST)

1990 Dodge Daytona Hatchback ES Turbo 2dr Hatchback

Since I have owned my 1990 Dodge Daytona she has been very reliable,fun and turns heads everywhere I drive.You have to really appreciate American made cars especially the Chrysler Corporation.

Awesome car
By Eric on 02/01/05 20:31 PM (PST)

1990 Dodge Daytona Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

Greatest car I have ever driven. I bought it with a minor idle problem and thats all, I had to clean out a "vent" in the oil pan. Very reliable. There are a lot of people who have gotten 200,000+ miles out of the V6 :). It spent two weeks parked outside during a -20 weather spell and turned over once or twice before it started. It also handles beautifully and accellerates quite well. You may have a bit of trouble finding body kits, engine mods, etc., but they are out there. The interior is great too, as long as you don't look at the rear seats. The front seats have plenty of leg room as long as you don't have anyone sitting in the rear. They really could have just taken the rear seats out..

Don't Believe Consumer Reports!
By regar on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Dodge Daytona Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

I ordered this car new from the dealer with every option available. The most reliable car I have ever owned. I have the 5-speed so there have been no transmission problems. I ordered it with the V6 so there was no turbo to burn out. The engine performs well and shows no sign of quitting. Excellent "snow car" for our Northeastern winters. Forget "initial quality" assesments; this car was made to last.

Still fast after all these years!
By WTtech2 on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Dodge Daytona Hatchback ES Turbo 2dr Hatchback

Fun to drive. A real value for the money. Still stylish after 14 yrs. At the track, this car did the 1/4 mile in 12.97 seconds @ 107.31 MPH!

Very poor man's sports car.
By wer3 on 06/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Dodge Daytona Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

Have owned a 90 Daytona for 12 years and have had many problems, mostly mechanical but also, door handles, pop up headlights, suspension, etc. If I had only known...

my NIGHTMARE
By Autokill on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Dodge Daytona Hatchback ES 2dr Hatchback

mine was an 88 and i bought it for $1000..with 150000miles....and in 8 monthes the engine went, transmition, two clutches (b/c a bolt snaped that held the one on), flywheel, drive axels, my sub fram rotted out, and on the highway the frame broke and the wheel went flying out the side of my car...held on only by the axle, carb was toast, and the heads were gummed up, so i was getting about 4MPG..this car was horrible, and i could never rely on it...it was heavy and clunky, and i will never but a chrysler again.

The Beastlyest Beast Around
By b0b on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Dodge Daytona Hatchback 2dr Hatchback

This car is beast. It romps on everyone around. A new intake and throttle body help out the high end. The computer limits the top speed to 130MPH though, but hey 130 is scary enough. Wish i had a 5 speed, but the 3 sp. auto get the job done nicely.

1990 Daytona ES Turbo
By Brian21 on 08/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Dodge Daytona Hatchback ES Turbo 2dr Hatchback

This is a 1990 ES Turbo. It has the 2.5L 4 cyl Turbo with the 5 speed manual. This really kicks it. 7 second 0-60. I haven't had the time yet to see what it can really do though. I just got it home. It's in good shape for the year, interior is Excellent, but the paint peeled and rust formed (which I will fix). Nothing rusted through. And I paid only $750 for this car! with only 92,000 Miles on it! This was a great deal and I couldn't pass it up. I love to drive it, it's fast and fun. It has the infinity Sound system in it, that rocks too. This will be the best car that I have ever owned.