1990 Dodge Daytona - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Daytona model:
OMG Automatic
By Hunter on 09/14/06 23:03 PM (PDT)

1990 Dodge Daytona ES 2dr Hatchback

This car has been very good to me other then the usual replacements on a used car with 160,000 miles. But I happened to get the automatic, which lets just say all should stay away from, because once one thing goes, it all goes as I found out. The speed stinks. It takes about 1/4-3/8 of a mile to get to 55mph. All the engine and transmission gaskets are leaking, the floor pans are all gone under both passenger and drivers feet, and the supports through the floor pans are broke and about gone.

FLAME
By deaconwise1 on 05/14/06 06:01 AM (PDT)

1990 Dodge Daytona ES 2dr Hatchback

I brought this car for $300.00. It was sitting in a yard. I was told the the engine caught on fire a year earlier. It was sitting since that time. Three of the six spark plug wires were burnt off. But when I try to start it, It turn over on the first crank. But I turn it off quickly. I brought new plugs and wires. Start it again, she purr. Drove it home. Got it tune, oil change, air filter and put new tires on it. I have done little to it. Needed valve cover gaskets. The car runs great. No other problems with it. I drive it to work and all over town. It still turns heads. Body is in good shape. Next a paint job. by the way it eat any 4cyl. car out there. Great on gas!!

Awesome car
By Eric on 02/01/05 20:31 PM (PST)

1990 Dodge Daytona ES 2dr Hatchback

Greatest car I have ever driven. I bought it with a minor idle problem and thats all, I had to clean out a "vent" in the oil pan. Very reliable. There are a lot of people who have gotten 200,000+ miles out of the V6 :). It spent two weeks parked outside during a -20 weather spell and turned over once or twice before it started. It also handles beautifully and accellerates quite well. You may have a bit of trouble finding body kits, engine mods, etc., but they are out there. The interior is great too, as long as you don't look at the rear seats. The front seats have plenty of leg room as long as you don't have anyone sitting in the rear. They really could have just taken the rear seats out..

Don't Believe Consumer Reports!
By regar on 02/24/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Dodge Daytona ES 2dr Hatchback

I ordered this car new from the dealer with every option available. The most reliable car I have ever owned. I have the 5-speed so there have been no transmission problems. I ordered it with the V6 so there was no turbo to burn out. The engine performs well and shows no sign of quitting. Excellent "snow car" for our Northeastern winters. Forget "initial quality" assesments; this car was made to last.

my NIGHTMARE
By Autokill on 10/29/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1990 Dodge Daytona ES 2dr Hatchback

mine was an 88 and i bought it for $1000..with 150000miles....and in 8 monthes the engine went, transmition, two clutches (b/c a bolt snaped that held the one on), flywheel, drive axels, my sub fram rotted out, and on the highway the frame broke and the wheel went flying out the side of my car...held on only by the axle, carb was toast, and the heads were gummed up, so i was getting about 4MPG..this car was horrible, and i could never rely on it...it was heavy and clunky, and i will never but a chrysler again.

great car
By rod on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Dodge Daytona ES 2dr Hatchback

i got mine for 300 from a really nice friend and i got it painted black with 2 yellow racing stripes rebuilt the engine and added some horses to it. the only reason i rebuilt the enngine was for the bad valve seals the car sat in one spot for like 5 years and even after that with a new battery it started right up but with lots of smoke i love this car its so fun they never have any problems that ive noticed after you work on them a little bit thats not even needed most of the time i just have lots of time to do stuff with it

Great First car!!
By Danny G on 07/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Dodge Daytona ES 2dr Hatchback

I have a 3.0L V6 5-spd and this car can really cook. The car is a rocket off the line, 5.0 mustangs and camaro's are easily beaten. It has a great body style, and from the back it looks like a mean machine. It's well worth the $2500 i paid for it, just needed a few things, but now it drives like a dream. And the 4 wheel disk brakes stop on a dime.

My unfinished dream
By jas on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1990 Dodge Daytona ES 2dr Hatchback

There aren't enough after market mods for this 1990 dodge daytona ES, 3.0L V6 5 speed.