2016 Dodge Dart Sedan Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Dodge Dart Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dart model:

Dart GT
By Gerry

2016 Dodge Dart Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Bought a 2016 Dart GT, replacing my 17 year old Jeep. I wanted something that was fun to drive, roomy and had a trunk, after years of driving SUV's and pickups. I tried out the Ford Focus and Mazda 3 sedan. While they handled well, they were cramped compared to the Dart, and I found myself hitting my head on the door frame on both entry and exit from the Mazda. The Dart handles well and gets great mileage (granted, compared to an old Jeep, most anything will get great mileage). The customizable guage display is cool and the 8.4 touchscreen infotainment display is easy to use. I got the Sun/Sound package which gives it a sunroof and 506 watt amp and 9 speakers, so it cranks the tunes. It has the push button starter with remote start, which is nice to get the AC running before I get to the car. It has a power drivers seat with power lumbar adjustment and a number of automated features, such as headlights, high beams and windshield wipers.The only annoyance I have with the car is a rattling that comes from the base assembly for the rearview mirror which seems to be looser than it should be, and so it buzzes against the windshield on occasion. Other than that, it's a blast to drive

I love my dart :)
By justin

2016 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT Sport Blacktop 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

When I bought this car I was scared because I read all the horrible reviews about it but I wanted to give it a try so I bought it. I bought it brand new dart sxt blacktop. ive had it for about 3 months and LOVE my car, it has preformed great. I'm 17 years old and its enough for me, I'm 6'0 I fit with plenty of room. it drives great and just overall love it .

Rented Once, Just Once
By M. Schneider

2016 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I had this car for almost a week. Should have picked the Corolla in hind sight. The car is so-so for a rental. I'd be hard pressed to buy one considering better choices out there. The 2.4L engine is smooth and adequate. As long as it holds up long term to higher rev'ing, it will do. The biggest issue is that the transmission has copious amount of slack and I'm fairly sure the whole power train sits on coil springs rather than regular mounts. Under steady acceleration the trans works just fine. When the traffic is caterpillaring down the road between 20 and 50, the power train slack and bounce when going into the accelerator is awful. The torq converter and transmission seem to be both slacking. If Dodge cannot tighten down the transmission, they should at least add shock absorbers to the power train. The front seats are mounted too high for my 6'1" frame. I bump my head getting out and the rear view mirror blocks a lot of my vision. The brakes only use 1/3 of the pedal travel. What the remaining 2/3 of the travel will contribute to stopping is unknown. Even still, the brakes are linear and not too squishy. Steering is good, surprisingly for this class of car. Stereo is basic in appearance, but does have SXM, Aux input and phone capability. Didn't see HD radio option. Sound is respectable. Vibrations for the road and from the A/C fan at full speed can be felt in the foot well. Handling does remind you that you are in an econo/compact car. It softens road imperfections, but is not a sports car. The switchgear is spartan. The instrumentation is nice and a little retro. Surprised to find auto-headlights. Overall, this car needs a healthy dose of power train work. Once that is done, it may be good for shorter people on a serious budget. The Chevrolet Cruz, Hyundai Elantra, Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, VW Jetta, Ford Focus and most other compact cars beat the Dart. The Dart reminds me greatly of the Chevrolet Cobalt or early Kia offerings. No wonder sales are disappointing.

Dodge This Rental!
By JRWKilleen

2016 Dodge Dart Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I can't recall ever renting such a piece of junk! How Enterprise can consider this a full sized car is beyond my understanding. It is horribly underpowered. What amazed me was that this so-called modern car had no USB ports! I thought I was looking in the wrong place, so I went online for the info. Sure enough, this bare bones heap had none. The interior was absolutely cheesy!

Fun Little Commuter Car
By Matthew Brettschneider

2016 Dodge Dart Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

We purchased this car to basically drive into the ground. Time will tell how reliable the car ends up.

Equipped with the sun'sound group, the large touchscreen is pretty intuitive. the 2.4 and manual six speed is a fun combination and made it pretty easy for the lady to learn how to work a clutch. we picked it up with 23 miles and within the first week had 1500 on it. It is reaching MPGs comfortably in the 30s while I drive the crap out of it. (is there any other way to drive these little cars?)