Used 2014 Dodge Dart Sedan Consumer Reviews - 18 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Dodge Dart Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dart model:

Don't Buy
By Nate

2014 Dodge Dart Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

2014 Dodge Dart GT 2.4L it goes in for repairs about every 3 months for something mostly electrical or failure of some part that was made poorly. IE the instrument cluster, Uconnect system, or window switch not working.

going on the second year now
By John

2014 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have the 2014 rallye dodge dart. So far I have had VERY few issues. The only proble. I've had didn't stop me from driving. My wheel bearing went out and had to be replaced. After that I haven't had any issues. I've been reading the other reviews about it breaking down at 20,000 miles. Mine is at 39,000 and it is still going strong.

Don't buy it!
By B

2014 Dodge Dart Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have a 2014 SXT and it's a death trap. It shuts down in the middle of the road going above 45 no brakes no gas steering wheel locks. Mine has been in the shop for a month and I got it back today with the same problem. Had the pcm update and has gone down hill from there. Very disappointing.

Bad Craftsmanship
By Paul B.

2014 Dodge Dart Sedan Aero 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

I bought a new 2014 Dart Aero with the automatic in May of 2014 and turned out to be a nightmare. In the six months I owned the car, it was in the shop for 2 1/2 months because of the emission control turning on the check engine light and the Active Body Control unit going haywire. The quality of the car is just awful. After 6 months of owning, I traded it for a 2015 Honda Civic. I took a small hit financially because Dodges do not keep any value, but the money pit needed to be out of my driveway. The car had a fantastic little engine that was lively and fuel efficient (46 mpg was my best tank) and great handling for a small sedan. Unfortunately, that is all I can say that was good with the car. The transmission was awful, the plastics creaking on the interior after 600 miles, and the paint chips galore on the front.

A Worthy Commuter Car
By Jordan Bockelman

2014 Dodge Dart Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2014 GT (pitch black with hyper black wheels, automatic transmission,) new in April of 2014 and over a year and 17000 miles later I have very few, very minor complaints. Overall it's a great car and gets me to work on time with good MPG. Outward visibility is good, but as with most new cars the A and C pillars are quite thick and hard to see around. Thankfully my car has blind spot monitoring which has helped me more than once! The whole infotainment system works exceptionally well. All the menu's are extremely easy to navigate and operate, but the touch sensitivity should be adjustable. More than once I've found myself tapping the same button multiple times trying to get it to register. Navigation, radio controls, climate controls, they're all very user friendly. There are two features that I found annoying. The rain sensing windshield wipers don't work very well. They tend not to be very intuitive and I ended up disabling it. The other feature I dislike is the rear parking sensors. They work very well, but I disabled them because while backing out of my garage they would go insane. Not a fun thing first thing in the morning. Interestingly even after the sensors have been turned off, they still sometimes sporadically work. Sometimes while backing out of a steep driveway the sensors will go off at random. Sometimes they'll sense something extremely far away, something it wouldn't sense if the sensors were turned on. And sometimes they do nothing at all. The other complaint I have is the ride quality. I didn't really know what I was getting myself into when I bought the GT. It rides like a rock in a washer, but that's what it's supposed to do. It corners really well and rides fairly quietly, but due to the terrible roads in my town, the car takes a bit of a beating and I feel most of it too. As a result the plastic panel above the rear view mirror rattles against the windshield and tends to drive me nuts.