I would buy elsewhere if I were you.
By rmeese5 on
2014 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)
There are not enough characters allowed on this to describe my distain for this vehicle. Engine malfunction light came on in 200 miles. It is a faulting oil pressure sensor, they replaced and the light is still coming on. They are waiting for a software update that they "hope" will fix the problem. Computer sometimes prohibits the car from accelerating over 4000 rpms. No fix. They don't know what is wrong. Again hope for a software fix. This is a real safety concern to me. In cold weather the battery light dings and flashes on the dash annoyingly, again they hope a software updated can fix it.. We are now going through the lemon law process. I refuse to pay over $18k for a broken new car.
Favorite Features
We love the styling and the uconnect system.
Suggested Improvements
The seats are mounted way too high. I am 6'1" and with the seat all the way down my head is right near the roof, If I wear a baseball cap and look up the bill hits the roof. The lumbar support is not adjustable and its not low enough. I suggest that Dodge tests a vehicle completely before sending them out to the world. They didn't even have parts available for this car when I needed the oil sensor. I have driven many manual transmissions from hotrods to semi trucks and this is by far the worst shifting vehicle I have ever driven.
By 08outtie
on 03/05/14 11:18 AM (PST)

the mechanical failure is a huge concern. Thanks for sharing your experience. However, regarding the position of the driver seat, the lack of headroom and how the manual transmissions shifts, wouldn't a test drive be able to provide enough feedback before the purchase?