2014 Dodge Dart Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Dodge Dart Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dart model:

Be ready for breakdowns
By milesmom87@gmail.com

2014 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my car brand new and have had a little over a year. In this time the car had broken down 3 times. Just stopped working. This is frustrating when you have to commute to work get kids to school etc. It comes out of nowhere too I have broke down right in the middle of the road.

Great small car
By ramray

2014 Dodge Dart Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have a 2014 GT with 20,000 miles and it has been a fun, great small car that is not so small in comparison to some midsized cars. The 2.4 is a solid and reliable four that is a touch rough but has good response and decent gas mileage. I find it far more sporting and fun to fling through twisty curves. A great replacement for the old Neon and is growing in popularity...word of mouth is growing that it is a fun, sporty car!

Great looks, comfort, high end features, Napa leather seats, strong engine, sporting if stiff suspension. The Alfa-Romeo genes are evident.

Smoother engine with more power and better MPG, better tuned sports suspension, closer ratio 6-spd manual

CAUTION When Buying
By chris8056

2014 Dodge Dart Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

So, I am a college student and I drive in LA everyday. I needed a car that got good millage and that was affordable, the dart seemed like a good fit. But, I was completely wrong! So, the car has broken down on me more than 8 times in less than one year. The next day after i bought it, it broke down (No more than 2 driving hours). This car is not reliable and unsafe, I am still under warranty and I have extended warranty, but the dealership rarely does things to fix the car. They have told me to contact Chrysler because the car is a "Lemmon" and it should be red flagged. But after my plea with Chrysler they have denied me a buy back program.

So, to be honest, just better quality in car and customer service. The car is an amazing car and perfect for a college student or anyone that has a hefty commute. But the one I got is a Lemmon and I always break down. The dealership has spent over 8 thousand to have the car repaired and now they are refusing to get it repaired because they want me to switch my tires. Makes no sense, but I am just stuck now. I would recommend that if YOU do get the car, get it under the condition that you get to test drive it for a week or so, to truly tell if the car is a stable car.

Great Car
By nick4118

2014 Dodge Dart Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

We originally had a 2013 Ford Focus. We hated it. We took it to Akins Ford Chrysler Dodge Jeep and Ram, in Winder Ga. We traded it in and they hooked us up with the 2014 Dodge Dart Ralley. We have been nothing but impressed! There are some minor things that could be changed, but overall it was a great choice. We recommend it to anyone looking for a small but powerful (with the 2.4 liter) car!

Love the way the interior bows out where your knees are. Makes a huge difference in leg room. The passage from the cabin to the trunk is extreamly nice. Also, you can slide the console lid to make it move comfortable. The touch screen is lovely to have. The sound system is great also, but that touch screen.. It is simpler but can do more than any other screen I have used in a car. Also the track tail lights is amazing!

Tinted windows! No models come with tinted windows! I spent $300 getting my sisters tinted for her.

Best car i've ever owned
By webb429

2014 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2014 dart rally in august 2014. at 13000 miles No problems at all. Runs great gas mileage around 38 to 40. plenty of leg room. I enjoy driving this car. Chrysler has been never ending on the emails to make sure I'm happy with the dart. I would recommend this car to anyone.

handling and u-connect, the alpine sound system is awesome.