2014 Dodge Dart Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Dodge Dart - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dart model:

Best car i've ever owned
By webb429

2014 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2014 dart rally in august 2014. at 13000 miles No problems at all. Runs great gas mileage around 38 to 40. plenty of leg room. I enjoy driving this car. Chrysler has been never ending on the emails to make sure I'm happy with the dart. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Favorite Features

handling and u-connect, the alpine sound system is awesome.

Dart Limited
By horsey55

2014 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The Limited model is the one to go to if you have any reservations about this car comparing to the luxo Euro entry models.It offers all of the amenities of many of the higher end compacts, at a lower price point,and is a joy to drive.

Favorite Features

Sharp performance from the 2.4 Multiair,great interface on the dash.Getting 38MPG on the highway,23MPG in the city.Car has Alfa roots and is a lot of fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

I have owned this car for 7 months,and I could not be happier.Lots of electronic interface on the Limited model,but so far all is well. I love this car,giood job Dodge!!

Great car for the money!
By jasonhawk61

2014 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I was leasing a '13 Silverado, and it was costing me so much money in gas. I work at a Dodge dealership, and wasn't a big fan of the dart until I saw one with the Blacktop package. It adds the gloss black 18" rims, black mirrors and grille. I had one of our sales guys find me a black one with the 8.4" touchscreen, 500W Alpine system, 6 speed manual, and it looks awesome. The black on black looks so good on this car, and I've gotten tons of compliments on it from random people. Super fun to drive, decent amount of power for what you're paying. Handles great, and I'm averaging around 30MPG.

Favorite Features

The black wheels look great, as well as the taillights that extend from one side to the other. Great MPG even when I'm driving aggressively, Alpine sound system is awesome.

Suggested Improvements

My check engine has came on a couple times, and goes off by itself a bit later. The transmission isn't the best, it shifts pretty hard sometimes (especially when cold) and the clutch is tricky at first. It grabs pretty quickly, I've had it for about 8 months and I still stall it every now and then. I've driven Corvette Z06s, Challenger SRT8s, and other high performance cars no problem, but the transmission in the Dart takes a while to get used to. Also, I can't seem to get my seat in the perfect spot. It feels like the front of the seat is too high, and I can't adjust it since I have manual seats. Not really a huge issue, I'm sure this probably won't bother other people as much.

First New Car
By bradley_gt

2014 Dodge Dart Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

It is not as easy to find good used car at a great value any more so I finally looked at what around $200 a month could get you in a lease. I wanted something that got around 30 MPG but had some features. I have owned many domestic vehicle as well as Honda Civics. The new Dart is very attractive thus the initial interest. Wow I was surprised at what you get for your money in both the STX & GT models.

Favorite Features

I love the styling both exterior & interior. I decided to go with the GT model to get the heated seats, heated steering wheel, remote start, heated side view mirrors with turn signal lights, and a host of other electronic features. The race track rear led lighting is beautiful as well as the interior red dash lights. Getting about 28 MPG after the first week which is in line with the combined Avg MPG listed. I did not get the Tech Package which includes such features as Blind spot indicator, auto high beam dimming & I believe raining sensing windshield wipers. With the exception of MPG I think the Dart GT is best in class!

Suggested Improvements

Really hard to knock the vehicle at this point but a couple of items to note. The steering does seem a little sensitive at highway speed. Not sure if that can be adjusted. The looks of the low profile tires are okay but I would have preferred more of an all round tire that should be better in the winter (Central New York winters are a real test for good tires). On dark country roads the low beams have a low ceiling of light (horizontal dark line) that you notice when traveling on bumpy roads. I'm not sure if that can be adjusted. It almost looks like it is in the design of the light? The fog lights do a great job illuminating the road edges. Better MPG would be a plus.

Great value!
By mlex1978

2014 Dodge Dart Sedan GT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Originally went to check out Chargers but came across the Dodge Dart GT and went for a test drive and totally enjoyed the Dart more!! Plus you got more for the money and a similar equipped Charger was closer to 40k then 30k! So I purchased and have about 2k on it and still enjoy driving it! Heated leather all the way to push button start for under 25k and looks great to boot and gets decent gas mileage!

Favorite Features

Huge touch screen that is quick,Very simple but loads of technology,nice build quality,heated leather seats,Alpine audio,customize the gauges,great handling,push button start,Yokohama tires with sporty 18's,remote start,dual exhaust more! Lots more

Suggested Improvements

Turbo 2.4 or more HP