2014 Dodge Dart GT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Dodge Dart - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dart model:

A Worthy Commuter Car
By Jordan Bockelman

2014 Dodge Dart GT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2014 GT (pitch black with hyper black wheels, automatic transmission,) new in April of 2014 and over a year and 17000 miles later I have very few, very minor complaints. Overall it's a great car and gets me to work on time with good MPG. Outward visibility is good, but as with most new cars the A and C pillars are quite thick and hard to see around. Thankfully my car has blind spot monitoring which has helped me more than once! The whole infotainment system works exceptionally well. All the menu's are extremely easy to navigate and operate, but the touch sensitivity should be adjustable. More than once I've found myself tapping the same button multiple times trying to get it to register. Navigation, radio controls, climate controls, they're all very user friendly. There are two features that I found annoying. The rain sensing windshield wipers don't work very well. They tend not to be very intuitive and I ended up disabling it. The other feature I dislike is the rear parking sensors. They work very well, but I disabled them because while backing out of my garage they would go insane. Not a fun thing first thing in the morning. Interestingly even after the sensors have been turned off, they still sometimes sporadically work. Sometimes while backing out of a steep driveway the sensors will go off at random. Sometimes they'll sense something extremely far away, something it wouldn't sense if the sensors were turned on. And sometimes they do nothing at all. The other complaint I have is the ride quality. I didn't really know what I was getting myself into when I bought the GT. It rides like a rock in a washer, but that's what it's supposed to do. It corners really well and rides fairly quietly, but due to the terrible roads in my town, the car takes a bit of a beating and I feel most of it too. As a result the plastic panel above the rear view mirror rattles against the windshield and tends to drive me nuts.

Great small car
By ramray

2014 Dodge Dart GT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have a 2014 GT with 20,000 miles and it has been a fun, great small car that is not so small in comparison to some midsized cars. The 2.4 is a solid and reliable four that is a touch rough but has good response and decent gas mileage. I find it far more sporting and fun to fling through twisty curves. A great replacement for the old Neon and is growing in popularity...word of mouth is growing that it is a fun, sporty car!

Great looks, comfort, high end features, Napa leather seats, strong engine, sporting if stiff suspension. The Alfa-Romeo genes are evident.

Smoother engine with more power and better MPG, better tuned sports suspension, closer ratio 6-spd manual

CAUTION When Buying
By chris8056

2014 Dodge Dart GT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

So, I am a college student and I drive in LA everyday. I needed a car that got good millage and that was affordable, the dart seemed like a good fit. But, I was completely wrong! So, the car has broken down on me more than 8 times in less than one year. The next day after i bought it, it broke down (No more than 2 driving hours). This car is not reliable and unsafe, I am still under warranty and I have extended warranty, but the dealership rarely does things to fix the car. They have told me to contact Chrysler because the car is a "Lemmon" and it should be red flagged. But after my plea with Chrysler they have denied me a buy back program.

So, to be honest, just better quality in car and customer service. The car is an amazing car and perfect for a college student or anyone that has a hefty commute. But the one I got is a Lemmon and I always break down. The dealership has spent over 8 thousand to have the car repaired and now they are refusing to get it repaired because they want me to switch my tires. Makes no sense, but I am just stuck now. I would recommend that if YOU do get the car, get it under the condition that you get to test drive it for a week or so, to truly tell if the car is a stable car.

Great Car
By nick4118

2014 Dodge Dart GT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

We originally had a 2013 Ford Focus. We hated it. We took it to Akins Ford Chrysler Dodge Jeep and Ram, in Winder Ga. We traded it in and they hooked us up with the 2014 Dodge Dart Ralley. We have been nothing but impressed! There are some minor things that could be changed, but overall it was a great choice. We recommend it to anyone looking for a small but powerful (with the 2.4 liter) car!

Love the way the interior bows out where your knees are. Makes a huge difference in leg room. The passage from the cabin to the trunk is extreamly nice. Also, you can slide the console lid to make it move comfortable. The touch screen is lovely to have. The sound system is great also, but that touch screen.. It is simpler but can do more than any other screen I have used in a car. Also the track tail lights is amazing!

Tinted windows! No models come with tinted windows! I spent $300 getting my sisters tinted for her.

First New Car
By bradley_gt

2014 Dodge Dart GT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

It is not as easy to find good used car at a great value any more so I finally looked at what around $200 a month could get you in a lease. I wanted something that got around 30 MPG but had some features. I have owned many domestic vehicle as well as Honda Civics. The new Dart is very attractive thus the initial interest. Wow I was surprised at what you get for your money in both the STX & GT models.

I love the styling both exterior & interior. I decided to go with the GT model to get the heated seats, heated steering wheel, remote start, heated side view mirrors with turn signal lights, and a host of other electronic features. The race track rear led lighting is beautiful as well as the interior red dash lights. Getting about 28 MPG after the first week which is in line with the combined Avg MPG listed. I did not get the Tech Package which includes such features as Blind spot indicator, auto high beam dimming & I believe raining sensing windshield wipers. With the exception of MPG I think the Dart GT is best in class!

Really hard to knock the vehicle at this point but a couple of items to note. The steering does seem a little sensitive at highway speed. Not sure if that can be adjusted. The looks of the low profile tires are okay but I would have preferred more of an all round tire that should be better in the winter (Central New York winters are a real test for good tires). On dark country roads the low beams have a low ceiling of light (horizontal dark line) that you notice when traveling on bumpy roads. I'm not sure if that can be adjusted. It almost looks like it is in the design of the light? The fog lights do a great job illuminating the road edges. Better MPG would be a plus.

• SUV