2014 Dodge Dart Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Dodge Dart - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dart model:
Best car i've ever owned
By webb429 on 03/10/15 06:43 AM (PDT)

2014 Dodge Dart Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2014 dart rally in august 2014. at 13000 miles No problems at all. Runs great gas mileage around 38 to 40. plenty of leg room. I enjoy driving this car. Chrysler has been never ending on the emails to make sure I'm happy with the dart. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Dart Limited
By horsey55 on 02/06/15 21:32 PM (PST)

2014 Dodge Dart Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The Limited model is the one to go to if you have any reservations about this car comparing to the luxo Euro entry models.It offers all of the amenities of many of the higher end compacts, at a lower price point,and is a joy to drive.

Great car for the money!
By jasonhawk61 on 01/14/15 18:46 PM (PST)

2014 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I was leasing a '13 Silverado, and it was costing me so much money in gas. I work at a Dodge dealership, and wasn't a big fan of the dart until I saw one with the Blacktop package. It adds the gloss black 18" rims, black mirrors and grille. I had one of our sales guys find me a black one with the 8.4" touchscreen, 500W Alpine system, 6 speed manual, and it looks awesome. The black on black looks so good on this car, and I've gotten tons of compliments on it from random people. Super fun to drive, decent amount of power for what you're paying. Handles great, and I'm averaging around 30MPG.

First New Car
By bradley_gt on 08/23/14 10:53 AM (PDT)

2014 Dodge Dart GT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

It is not as easy to find good used car at a great value any more so I finally looked at what around $200 a month could get you in a lease. I wanted something that got around 30 MPG but had some features. I have owned many domestic vehicle as well as Honda Civics. The new Dart is very attractive thus the initial interest. Wow I was surprised at what you get for your money in both the STX & GT models.

Great value!
By mlex1978 on 08/19/14 23:57 PM (PDT)

2014 Dodge Dart GT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Originally went to check out Chargers but came across the Dodge Dart GT and went for a test drive and totally enjoyed the Dart more!! Plus you got more for the money and a similar equipped Charger was closer to 40k then 30k! So I purchased and have about 2k on it and still enjoy driving it! Heated leather all the way to push button start for under 25k and looks great to boot and gets decent gas mileage!

Dart SXT Manual
By jhbremer on 08/15/14 13:07 PM (PDT)

2014 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Seems like the professional reviews on this site and others find some way of knocking the Dart, but I don't see what they are talking about. I researched and shopped extensively (looked at the Veloster, Mazda3, etc.). The Dart, by far, was the best driving experience of any of those. Superb handling, good acceleration with the 2.4, quick braking, and it just feels solid. Interior is high quality and spacious, exterior is beautiful.

So far it's worth the money...
By c172rpilot on 08/10/14 05:43 AM (PDT)

2014 Dodge Dart GT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my 2014 Dodge Dart GT for two months. Here's what I know so far. You have to get the most powerful engine you can afford...in fact the Tiger Shark engine with 184 HP is not enough. Should have been 200 HP because the car is heavy. The seat leather is not the best, my driver seat leather is already stretched out and shows wrinkles when I get out of the car. I weigh 175 lb. On my car the AC comes on for no reason, then cuts off. I'll feel cold air for about two minutes ever so often - with the AC in the OFF position. Navigation is great, but the turn by turn volume is too low, can't turn it up. They removed the best part for 2014..the hidden compartment passenger seat..come on dodge!!

Fun to drive the dart
By wizkidvj on 03/28/14 21:56 PM (PDT)

2014 Dodge Dart Limited 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

After comparing a lot of compact sedans, I settled for the 2.4L Dart mainly because it was the only car under 20K offering a 2.4L engine and an auto 6 speed. I was firstly delighted by the standard 8.5" touchscreen control. Absolute pleasure to control music, climate, nav without any distractions. The second thing that I found amazing was the interior cabin space. This C-class compact car almost goes head to head with a D-class sedan. The car has a ride handling that is zippy and fun even though a bit heavy (which is why I feel the mileage is not the best). I've driven 2 5-hr long trips on my Dart since I bought (last 2 months) and I found it to be absolutely delightful.

I would buy elsewhere if I were you.
By rmeese5 on 02/17/14 09:52 AM (PST)

2014 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

There are not enough characters allowed on this to describe my distain for this vehicle. Engine malfunction light came on in 200 miles. It is a faulting oil pressure sensor, they replaced and the light is still coming on. They are waiting for a software update that they "hope" will fix the problem. Computer sometimes prohibits the car from accelerating over 4000 rpms. No fix. They don't know what is wrong. Again hope for a software fix. This is a real safety concern to me. In cold weather the battery light dings and flashes on the dash annoyingly, again they hope a software updated can fix it.. We are now going through the lemon law process. I refuse to pay over $18k for a broken new car.