Great Car With Lots of Versatility
By scdjng on
2013 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
I purchased my Dart SXT 1.4L turbo 6 speed manual in the beginning of January and have put almost 13,000 miles on it. I do lots of driving for work and the car does great on the open road. The worst gas mileage I got on a trip was 35 mpg, and that was with below zero temperatures and and a strong head wind. The car may not be as quick as some of the competition, but is perfectly adequate. I have taken my family of five (three grown adults, one teenager and myself) on short trips and it has proven to be very roomy with little complains.
Favorite Features
The bluetooth works great. It syncs up to my iPhone in a short amount of time and the voice commands also work well. I did not go for the 8.4 inch touch screen, and I wish I did, as I use my iPhone for navigation a lot and some of the Darts I sat in before I purchased mine had great graphics. I love the under seat storage, the huge glove box and the roomy trunk. The Dart is also very quite. My wife cannot get over how quite the car is, even at speeds of 75 mph on the highway. You really have to listen to hear the engine on start up. I also love the sound that the turbo makes. Some people do not like the noise, but it gives the car a neat Italian character.
Suggested Improvements
The head room in the back seat can be tight for people over six feet, and I wish they could have stamped a flat floor in the rear seat the the Honda Civic. I am glad to see that the LED race track lights now come standard on the SXT trim, as mine was a early build car and it does not have that option. I have yet to experience any problems with my Dart and have recommended it to many people. I drove all of the competition and I thought the Dart had the best value with space, fuel efficiency and options. Very good car!