Disappointing Performance
By rworth12345 on
2013 Dodge Dart Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
I have the Dart Limited with a 1.4L Turbo Engine, Manual Transmission. Overall the quality of this car is very good both inside and out. Some road noise at higher speeds, but the ride is smooth. Touch screen & GPS are great, it even finds lowest gas prices in the area. OK gas mileage, I currently get 29city/35highway. That is less than other cars in this class. Used both regular gas and plus, not much difference. And if you have the A/C on you lose even more mpg & the engine gets REALLY bogged down, like towing a boat. Manual transmission is OK, 1st & 2nd gear are a bit rough and 3-6 are fine. Clutch was sticking to the floor, dealer says nothing wrong with it.
Favorite Features
Quality of Materials Used, GPS/Touch Screen/Backup Camera, Handling, Ride
Suggested Improvements
Smoother/Quieter Transmission, Overall Leg Room, Better MPG
By momsalot
on 09/20/14 10:55 AM (PDT)

For you and anyone who knows a manual transmission Dodge Dart owner: A sticking clutch means you need a Master Cylinder. Hurry to your dealer and tell them that, and you can do your own the research to see that this is impacting hundreds of manual Darts across the country. I had a couple of incidents where there was no pressure in the clutch while I was trying to start it, and got nothing when turning the key, and then after a few tries it started and ran fine. I mentioned it to the dealer but they could not replicate it. Then a few weeks ago I was pulling out of a parking lot and the clutch went right to the floor and would not come back up. I had to pull it up with my toe. I took it right to the dealer and then looked it up, finding it a common complaint. Even though I am a few thousand miles past warranty, the dealer covered it and replaced the Master Cylinder, though it took a few weeks to get the part. Do not drive the car with the clutch sticking, it could be dangerous. This should be an official recall--Chrysler should cover this problem.