not a compact
By michaeldart on
2013 Dodge Dart SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)
First, this is not a compact car. It has more or similar interior room and trunk space as the Honda Accord coupe and the Chevy Malibu. It is a midsized car at a compact car price and with compact car fuel mileage. I almost bought a Focus, but the Dart was better equipped and had more space. The Focus just cannot accommodate adults on a long trip, the Dart can. Anyone who says the Focus interior is superior to the Dart's is blind. I own the SE with the manual, cruise control, and Uconnect. The build quality was excellent, no bad panel gaps, paint, everything worked. I have had it for 10 months, 2 long trips, 9,000 miles, and only oil and filter changes.
Favorite Features
The looks. I park near a bunch of Civics and Camrys. It is a joy just to look at the car. My worker's cars just make it look better! The fuel mileage has been excellent. I am getting 27 mpg in severe city driving. On two, 2000 mile family vacations, it got between 38 and 40 mpg with 4 people and luggage. The interior is a really nice place to be. The seats are comfortable, the surroundings look nice, the controls are simple and logical. The Uconnect just works. This is usable as a mid-sized family car, even on multi-day drives with kids.
Suggested Improvements
The rear motor mount is too soft, This probably isn't a problem with the auto, but it slows down shifts. The throttle lag is also annoying. I know the Focus and others have it too, but it is still annoying. A little more,lumbar support would be useful. It is fine normally, but I start to feel it after 9-10 hours of constant driving.