2013 Dodge Dart Consumer Review: Brand New Lemon

2013 Dodge Dart - Consumer Review

SXT Sedan (2.0L 4-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

Brand New Lemon
By stacysmoon on

2013 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

At first this vehicle was easy on the eyes with an affordable Ralley appearance package. It was before I made my first payment that things started to decline. Initially, my tires were losing pressure quickly and then the front passenger tire blew on my way home from work. There are a lot of electronic issues with gas gage, dimmers, and lights. At 6100 miles engine malfunction indicator came on, defrosters/heaters stopped working, and engine overheated in -8 weather. Dealership states faulty thermostat and flush needed. I'm not sure what else to expect in the future for my brand new car.

I love the look of the car and the interior is high-quality even at the base model. I like the Ralley look of the lights and the stripes on my seats. It's a sedan with a sporty appearance.

I think they should have worked out more issues before they re-introduced the Dart. While the look of the car is nice; the dependability has been lost for me. I can no longer trust driving this vehicle. I bought this car thinking it would be safe for my one-year-old who I take to Boston Hospital monthly. I'm afraid to make the trip wondering if I will lose heat in the middle of winter with my son in the car. Think twice before making this purchase. Lots of recalls already and this thermostat is now a star issue, which means another is on it's way. Highly dissapointed.