2013 Dodge Dart - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dart model:
Great Car With Lots of Versatility
By scdjng on 07/10/13 20:48 PM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased my Dart SXT 1.4L turbo 6 speed manual in the beginning of January and have put almost 13,000 miles on it. I do lots of driving for work and the car does great on the open road. The worst gas mileage I got on a trip was 35 mpg, and that was with below zero temperatures and and a strong head wind. The car may not be as quick as some of the competition, but is perfectly adequate. I have taken my family of five (three grown adults, one teenager and myself) on short trips and it has proven to be very roomy with little complains.

Why the Dart is underrated
By dartman4 on 06/28/13 22:55 PM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The Dodge Dart is a highly underrated new car. I own an SXT 1.4 Turbo manual six speed. At 7,000 miles it has had NO glitches. The power, which most reviewers seem to complain about, is awesome considering it's mileage averages. Yes, it's heavy. That's why it's comfortable on highways and longer trips - UNLIKE some of the lightweight competition which brag about better zero to 60 times. What are we? Kids on a playground at recess? Third grade? Actually, a lot of people DO drive like they are in third grade, so I guess it makes sense. Compared to literal HORROR STORIES like those told by Scion FRS and Subaru BRZ owners - my Dart is a DREAM COME TRUE . Come on people.

Love my Dart!
By ml871 on 06/05/13 07:39 AM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I received my Dart as a gift in March, and I couldn't be happier. I had no idea that I was going to get a new car, since all of the other cars I have previously owned have been used. The Dart is great; looks awesome, runs well, no complaints. I had read reviews that the engine warmer didn't work in cold temps, so of course I was worried, but then I remembered I live in an area where it rarely gets cold. Overall, the Dart is a wonderful car and I have thoroughly enjoyed having it!

Great car with few cons
By mmcentire on 05/26/13 07:32 AM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have the lowest end car available that I picked up at a great price in January 2013. The design work on the car looks great inside and out. The interior is nicer than you would expect from a base model. The dashboard was designed for the nicer electronic touch-screen interface, which my car does not have, but the manual system looks nice and functions well. It has a roomy interior with adequate cargo, although smaller than expected. The car has a sporty feel while driving (especially with a 6 speed manual), but it does not reach advertised mpg, and can be somewhat difficult to shift smoothly at first. It cruises smoothly on the freeway and handles well better than similar sedans.

I dont know what edmunds is talking about
By dajobr on 05/17/13 12:37 PM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

we have to 2.0 liter automatic se base model drives great looks great great mileage plenty of acceleration when needed

1.4ltr Fire MultiAir Intercooled Turbo Rallye 6speed DCT auto
By arrrggghhhh on 05/09/13 20:46 PM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is packed with everything you could ever want... Its very quick and great handling... born from and Alpha Romeo Giulietta. sharing a lengthed and widened chassis, suspension and engine. to make up for the extra 120 pounds over the Alpha it has more hp and torque. 1 billion dollars went into designing this car and it shows big time...We have the 1.4l intercooled turbo, 16valve, vvt with 6speed DCT auto transmission with auto stick. This car will not dissappoint!!! this car has 100,000 different variations upon ordering and then after that Dodge offers a full book of all kinds of accessories and add on's from suspension to racing strips.

Dodge's Dart Hits It's Target
By darius07 on 05/06/13 19:09 PM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased the 2013 Dodge Dart SXT for $16,500. Considering all it's features, I found it to be a tremendous value that competitors would be hard-pressed to beat, especially domestic makers. The car is agile, very responsive, solid, and offers a very smooth and pleasant ride. Dodge's compact has now returned to it's sleek aerodynamic roots, offering a bit of flare and enough customization options to make it more personal. Expected features like power windows and locks were very welcome on this vehicle, and unexpected amenities like an auto dimming rear mirror and illuminated cup holders were a pleasant surprise which made it more a value altogether. Definitely a great first car.

Sporty economical comfort
By rogeo on 05/05/13 08:05 AM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I've read lots of reviews and can't understand why the 2.0 liter never gets covered much. I like this engine. It's reasonably powerful, consistent and very smooth. The 6 speed manual is great and worth the learning curve if you've never driven a standard before plus you'll go farher on a tank. It will also require less maintenance. I plan to keep this car for awhile and appreciate that I won't have the hassle of having to eventually get a timing belt replaced. Some reviewers complain about the seats not being comfortable. I consider myself of average build and find the support and comfort great with really good lower back support. They also look good. Highly recommended!

Dodge Dart SXT: Everyday Life
By twedt3304 on 05/04/13 20:17 PM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I realized I didn't need a luxury performance beast, nor did I want a piece of tin. I was stuck between the Focus Hatch, and the Dart. I ended up choosing what I did because of mpg ratings and it being more attractive. Ive had it 4 months now and so far, so good. Its Really fun to drive, it has excellent handeling, manual transmission is great, But the only complaint I have is the lack of attention to detail. Some of the plastic inserts are a little cheep feeling Also I noticed the gas cap mechanism is all plastic, but all that is put to shame by things like the In-seat storage and huge Uconnect screen. Overall If you are considering this or its Competition, I would highly recommend the Dart

Almost Perfect!
By bikenut11 on 04/14/13 15:09 PM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the second 2013 Dart I've owned as the first one was totaled in an accident at 2000 miles. (other drivers fault 100%). My new dart is just past 2000 miles now. Obviously I really liked the car - enough to buy the exact same model, trim and color twice. Both cars had/have zero issues at all. You absolutely cannot beat the value for your money in the economy class. This car is FUN to drive and packed full of features in a very good looking body. The 1.4L turbo has typical spool lag as all turbos do, but the performance in light of the fuel economy is a fantastic balance. It's a sporty ECONOMY car, remember that and you'll be happy.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Dodge Dart in VA is:

$171 per month*