Used 2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dart model:

Wholly unsafe vehicle.
By Derek Schwartz

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This vehicle is another example of an "American" (owned by Italians, Fiat) company putting out a substandard product that should not be on the market. I own a 2013, Dodge Dart Rallye 1.4l, manual transmission. The hydraulic system for the clutch has failed not once, not twice but three times and the vehicle barely has 37000 miles!!! The second time we were traveling through the Smokey mountains, thankfully we were able to coast to the next exit and get the vehicle working again. When I say that this vehicle has endangered the lives of my family, it is no exaggeration. As you can read in any of the other posts, this vehicle is plagued with an assortment of other issues. (P.S. The vehicle is still sitting at the dealership for the third instance of the clutch going out). Vehicle aside, Chrysler customer service is run by what seems to be children who have no grasp on the real issues that their customers are experiencing. The second time this happened I was in the middle of moving to a new base and was unable to retrieve the vehicle for sometime. This was of no import to the people of Chrysler Case management, I had to request two different case managers due to their unwillingness to return phone calls. Finally after sitting at a dealership in Tennessee for 2 months they returned my vehicle, less than a week after I received it, the clutch failed again! All beware who buy this vehicle, it is not economical, and it is certainly not safe!

Not what I thought it would be. ...
By Daddy-O

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

First, I didn't buy new so I can't say anything prior but since I've owned it (3 months), it's been in the shop 5 times for strange popping noises in front end area. I've taken it to two different dealers and have gotten two different reasons why is doing it. But neither say it can be repaired. One says it's a design flaw, the other just doesn't know why. Bottom line, it's a great looking piece of junk. I wonder if it was really built by Yugo!

Battery Issue
By jaejae123

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I, like many of the other reviewers, purchased my Dogde Dart 2013 in December 2012 and am having battery issues. Today my car would not start, which has me completely baffled since the car is only 2.5 years old with only 57,900 miles. And, don't get me started on the gas mileage not being as good as reported/advertised!

I love all of the features on this car and the ease of using the dashboard promtpts.it is very user-friendly.

Improve gas mileage.

Battery replacement
By S F Samie

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

We purchased the 2013 Dodge dart Lmtd brand new in Dec 2012. Since then we have had two issues with the battery and only recently had to have the entire battery replaced. The Dodge dealership confirmed that it was an internal problem with the battery! Has anyone else had these issues? The car has completed about 26K miles.

Worst car I have owned
By Cameron

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This is the worst car I have ever owned. It has been in the shop more than I have driven it. At a year and a half old the turbo had to be replaced. At two years old it would get stuck in first gear and would stall out ten seconds after starting it. This car is unreliable. It is good on gas, looks nice, drives nice, and is a comfy ride. However those do nothing for me if the car will not run. All the while having 30,000 miles or less on it.

• SUV