2013 Dodge Dart - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dart model:
Nothing but problems
By abrown1984 on 06/16/14 02:13 AM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The mud flaps drag on the ground every time I go into a driveway the front bumper does also. The front bumper drags even if I a lightweight female am the only one in the car. When it's cold outside the pressure gauge for the tires is a pain in the rear. It constantly goes below 27 and sets off the low pressure alarm which is extremely annoying when you know once it warms up a little it will go back to normal. When you get on the gas the muffler sounds really tinny. Like they put the cheapest muffler on it and it rattles like crazy. Speakers are horrible. Now I have begun to smell antifreeze and I have 38,000 miles on the car. No get up in automatic when starting off from a light.

Second one and still problems
By tsilvia on 05/27/14 09:16 AM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I got my dart when they first came out and loved it until at 911 miles all lights came on and the engine stopped. Took in to dealer they had it for 2 weeks and then told me they couldn't fix it didn't know what was the problem with it. So they reordered me another Dart which took over 10 weeks to get. In rental car all this time. Wow finely got my other new Dart. Keep in garage for the winter now I have it back out on the road was doing good up to 6000 miles.Then when the tranny got heated up and would shift it would raz the engine up to high RPM's and thump really bad and not want to pull very well. So you guessed it back in the shop again. This is really bad in second and fourth gear.

Do Not Buy This Car
By stacysmoon on 03/08/14 04:40 AM (PST)

2013 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this new car because I wanted reliability as my last car was ten-years-old and I have a new baby. Since I purchased it a tire blew, the electrical has issues, the thermostat was faulty causing me to be overheated and stranded, the hose connecting the radiator is deterioating and leaking red coolant, and who knows what will happen next. I have had it six months and have been in the shop every month since. If you have money to waste this car is pretty enough, but don't rely on it it work.

2013 Dodge Dart 1.4 turbo
By lauras6 on 02/18/14 22:27 PM (PST)

2013 Dodge Dart Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had the car for a year now and have out over 27,000 miles on it. At 15K the transmission stopped working. Took it to the shop and they fixed it. At 16K the transmission quit again. Again the fixed it. No problems with the tranny since but the shifting is not as smooth. At 20K the centre console went black. Car ran drove fine but could not change anything, which was not fun since the defrosters were on HI. They reset the module and it has been fine since. Overall I really like the car but I think there are going to be a lot of problems with it. Thank goodness I bought the lifetime warranty on it, I think i'm gonna need it.

Rallye 1.4 turbo
By helilog on 02/04/14 20:35 PM (PST)

2013 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

After 22,000 miles I have had zero maintenance or quality issues, only oil changes (which are $60 due to synthetic oil requirement). Plenty of power with a nice throaty exhaust note and a 33 mpg overall average. Forty mpg is routine at 65 mph. The magazine writers who whine about turbo lag with this engine are describing gear/rpm/speed situations no sane driver would use, such as 1500 rpm/4th gear/30 mph. Use 3rd gear at that speed (2000 rpm) and enjoy snappy response. This car is a nice combination of comfort, economy, power and sporty handling.

What a lemon
By natpat1 on 01/27/14 15:18 PM (PST)

2013 Dodge Dart Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have 27,000 miles on the car and the engine is being replaced. The engine light came on for no reason and the dealer couldn't find anything wrong with it. Shifting is the worse. I thought it would settle in, but sometimes you don't even know the gear you are about to shift into. You get lost. I can't put a regular car mat down on the driver side because the shift pedal catches the mat. The service departments are really there to go above and beyond the normal problems. They have had my car for on month and want me to pay 10 days or more on a rental, while I'm payinng the car note and insurance on a car I can't drive because they are so slow in fixing it. Customer Care gets no where

Brand New Lemon
By stacysmoon on 01/21/14 21:53 PM (PST)

2013 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

At first this vehicle was easy on the eyes with an affordable Ralley appearance package. It was before I made my first payment that things started to decline. Initially, my tires were losing pressure quickly and then the front passenger tire blew on my way home from work. There are a lot of electronic issues with gas gage, dimmers, and lights. At 6100 miles engine malfunction indicator came on, defrosters/heaters stopped working, and engine overheated in -8 weather. Dealership states faulty thermostat and flush needed. I'm not sure what else to expect in the future for my brand new car.

Good things come in small packages
By walternmoss on 12/19/13 20:14 PM (PST)

2013 Dodge Dart Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This car is a joy to drive. The interior is amazingly comfortable and comes loaded with great tech. Performance is great and overall the driving experience very fun. We actually have the 2.4 Liter engine with the 6 speed automatic transmission.

Typical Dodge
By bag2 on 12/01/13 15:45 PM (PST)

I rented one and wasn't impressed. It beats a Civic but not a Mazda 3

rallye w 1.4 turbo 6 spd manual
By the_wolf on 11/07/13 14:40 PM (PST)

2013 Dodge Dart SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

To get a vehicle with better gas mileage, I traded my jeep JK with 57 k miles for it. A little over a year later, I wished I had not done so. It’s a fun almost sporty little car to drive and the fuel economy is great. The review would be much more positive except that when the car needed repairs the parts always seemed on backorder. So much so that in the last sixteen months I have been in rental cars of and on for over three months of it. For an economy car, when it runs, it’s roomy exciting to drive and just plain fun, however even with my jeep getting half the mileage it was more reliable and in hindsight well worth the extra expense of the gas.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Dodge Dart in VA is:

$166 per month*