Used 2013 Dodge Dart SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dart model:

DONT EVER BUY DODGE DART
By Greg

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have been having a problem with my dodge dart 2013 coming up with service transmission not once or twice but five time i brought it in to dealer and the first time they said it was my driving. I brought it back again and this time it wasn't my driving they said it needed to be reset so I said why does it need to be rest I got the best answer I have ever heard they don't know. Now it went back in this time I was having problems starting up car it won't turn over but I did have power to the car they couldn't figure it out for two weeks they had it at the dealer and NOW my car is blowing blue smoke out the tailpipe when i am sitting at lights why is now NO ONE SHOULD EVER BUY DODGE THEY DON'T STAND BEHIND THERE CARS I TRYED TO GO THROUGH THE LEMON LAW IT WAS DENIED WOW WHAT A GREAT COMPANY TO BUY FROM ALSO THERE IS RECALL ON THE TRANSMISSON AND THERE IS NO FIX FOR THIS RECALL

Thanks to the 2013 Dart Aero I will never buy another Dodge
By winphreak

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Had to have TCM reprogrammed and replaced several times, transaxle seal replaced, transmission valve body replaced. Still have issues with the transmission. Currently, reverse does not work and the car can barely go over 40 mph. The car has been at the dealer more than 5 times now for transmission problems. I wish I never bought this death trap. Starting a lemon law claim with Chrysler. Hopefully they offer a 100% buy back like I've seen a few other customers report.

Gas mileage when you can actually drive the car.

Transmission is horrible.

Happy
By huskamutefarms

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2013 Dodge Dart SE in March of 2013. It had 10 miles on it. It is now almost October of 2014 and I have 43200 miles on my Dart. My work was a long commute, no longer thank God. I have had ZERO problems with this car. I did put a new set of TOYO tires on. Sorry to the folks that had problems.. Ohh.. I love the fact no worries about a stupid rubber timing belt every 80k to100 k. I just drive right and follow manufacture recommendations. Ed Spokane, WA

Get rid of throttle lag. I can deal with it but want power now and want it to power down as needed quicker so it don't sound like your burning the clutch.. Another word more responsive throttle..

Love my '13 Aero
By stubb1

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my Aero since December 2013. I test drove almost everything in the class but settled on the Aero manual 6 spd 1.4L turbo based on price, options and fuel economy. This car is fun to drive, handles great, and gets better than advertised mileage. I have almost 20,000 on the car now and have taken it on several long road trips. The seats are comfy, the power is great even on the highway, and it is a real treat to drive on mountain roads. I can't understand the C rating here. For the last week I have also been driving a 2014 Corolla S and I can't stand it. The Dart has more pickup, better mileage and handling, and more room. All for about 4k less.

1.4 Turbo makes driving fun again. Uconnect system works perfectly with wndows phones and android tablets. Roomy, stylish, great mileage. Great handling.

Better stereo speakers, Shifter should better match interior and not be lightweight plastic.

Great gas mileage but.....
By msaltmyer

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The base car does not come with AC. No power doors. You have to reach into the back seats to unlock. Cheap materials. For a stick shift with no other features, it is way over-priced. Within 4 days of owning and 150 miles, there was some problems with shifting gears. Errors are lit. I had to get rid of it as quickly as I could.

fuel efficiency, sounds, 10 airbags

It doesn't matter. I won't buy a Dodge anymore.

• SUV