Used 2013 Dodge Dart SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dart model:

Thanks to the 2013 Dart Aero I will never buy another Dodge
By winphreak

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Had to have TCM reprogrammed and replaced several times, transaxle seal replaced, transmission valve body replaced. Still have issues with the transmission. Currently, reverse does not work and the car can barely go over 40 mph. The car has been at the dealer more than 5 times now for transmission problems. I wish I never bought this death trap. Starting a lemon law claim with Chrysler. Hopefully they offer a 100% buy back like I've seen a few other customers report.

Gas mileage when you can actually drive the car.

Transmission is horrible.

Happy
By huskamutefarms

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2013 Dodge Dart SE in March of 2013. It had 10 miles on it. It is now almost October of 2014 and I have 43200 miles on my Dart. My work was a long commute, no longer thank God. I have had ZERO problems with this car. I did put a new set of TOYO tires on. Sorry to the folks that had problems.. Ohh.. I love the fact no worries about a stupid rubber timing belt every 80k to100 k. I just drive right and follow manufacture recommendations. Ed Spokane, WA

Get rid of throttle lag. I can deal with it but want power now and want it to power down as needed quicker so it don't sound like your burning the clutch.. Another word more responsive throttle..

Love my '13 Aero
By stubb1

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my Aero since December 2013. I test drove almost everything in the class but settled on the Aero manual 6 spd 1.4L turbo based on price, options and fuel economy. This car is fun to drive, handles great, and gets better than advertised mileage. I have almost 20,000 on the car now and have taken it on several long road trips. The seats are comfy, the power is great even on the highway, and it is a real treat to drive on mountain roads. I can't understand the C rating here. For the last week I have also been driving a 2014 Corolla S and I can't stand it. The Dart has more pickup, better mileage and handling, and more room. All for about 4k less.

1.4 Turbo makes driving fun again. Uconnect system works perfectly with wndows phones and android tablets. Roomy, stylish, great mileage. Great handling.

Better stereo speakers, Shifter should better match interior and not be lightweight plastic.

Great gas mileage but.....
By msaltmyer

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The base car does not come with AC. No power doors. You have to reach into the back seats to unlock. Cheap materials. For a stick shift with no other features, it is way over-priced. Within 4 days of owning and 150 miles, there was some problems with shifting gears. Errors are lit. I had to get rid of it as quickly as I could.

fuel efficiency, sounds, 10 airbags

It doesn't matter. I won't buy a Dodge anymore.

Second one and still problems
By tsilvia

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I got my dart when they first came out and loved it until at 911 miles all lights came on and the engine stopped. Took in to dealer they had it for 2 weeks and then told me they couldn't fix it didn't know what was the problem with it. So they reordered me another Dart which took over 10 weeks to get. In rental car all this time. Wow finely got my other new Dart. Keep in garage for the winter now I have it back out on the road was doing good up to 6000 miles.Then when the tranny got heated up and would shift it would raz the engine up to high RPM's and thump really bad and not want to pull very well. So you guessed it back in the shop again. This is really bad in second and fourth gear.

I like the body style and how it runs when it runs. Lots of room in it also. But the quality of the building of this car is really bad.

Dodge needs to slow down and build the cars right not try and save a buck here and there at the expense of there customers. Quality cars not a fast fix to make them money and cause customers pain and safety. Do the job right the first time and it will take you farther. A happy customer will keep coming back and tell others about good product and in the long run make more money for Dodge. Unhappy customers will not come back and will also tell how there experience was with there product. Which will cost Dodge in the long run.