Used 2013 Dodge Dart SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Dodge Dart - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dart model:

Thanks to the 2013 Dart Aero I will never buy another Dodge
By winphreak

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Had to have TCM reprogrammed and replaced several times, transaxle seal replaced, transmission valve body replaced. Still have issues with the transmission. Currently, reverse does not work and the car can barely go over 40 mph. The car has been at the dealer more than 5 times now for transmission problems. I wish I never bought this death trap. Starting a lemon law claim with Chrysler. Hopefully they offer a 100% buy back like I've seen a few other customers report.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage when you can actually drive the car.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission is horrible.

Love my '13 Aero
By stubb1

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I have had my Aero since December 2013. I test drove almost everything in the class but settled on the Aero manual 6 spd 1.4L turbo based on price, options and fuel economy. This car is fun to drive, handles great, and gets better than advertised mileage. I have almost 20,000 on the car now and have taken it on several long road trips. The seats are comfy, the power is great even on the highway, and it is a real treat to drive on mountain roads. I can't understand the C rating here. For the last week I have also been driving a 2014 Corolla S and I can't stand it. The Dart has more pickup, better mileage and handling, and more room. All for about 4k less.

Favorite Features

1.4 Turbo makes driving fun again. Uconnect system works perfectly with wndows phones and android tablets. Roomy, stylish, great mileage. Great handling.

Suggested Improvements

Better stereo speakers, Shifter should better match interior and not be lightweight plastic.

Great gas mileage but.....
By msaltmyer

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The base car does not come with AC. No power doors. You have to reach into the back seats to unlock. Cheap materials. For a stick shift with no other features, it is way over-priced. Within 4 days of owning and 150 miles, there was some problems with shifting gears. Errors are lit. I had to get rid of it as quickly as I could.

Favorite Features

fuel efficiency, sounds, 10 airbags

Suggested Improvements

It doesn't matter. I won't buy a Dodge anymore.

Second one and still problems
By tsilvia

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I got my dart when they first came out and loved it until at 911 miles all lights came on and the engine stopped. Took in to dealer they had it for 2 weeks and then told me they couldn't fix it didn't know what was the problem with it. So they reordered me another Dart which took over 10 weeks to get. In rental car all this time. Wow finely got my other new Dart. Keep in garage for the winter now I have it back out on the road was doing good up to 6000 miles.Then when the tranny got heated up and would shift it would raz the engine up to high RPM's and thump really bad and not want to pull very well. So you guessed it back in the shop again. This is really bad in second and fourth gear.

Favorite Features

I like the body style and how it runs when it runs. Lots of room in it also. But the quality of the building of this car is really bad.

Suggested Improvements

Dodge needs to slow down and build the cars right not try and save a buck here and there at the expense of there customers. Quality cars not a fast fix to make them money and cause customers pain and safety. Do the job right the first time and it will take you farther. A happy customer will keep coming back and tell others about good product and in the long run make more money for Dodge. Unhappy customers will not come back and will also tell how there experience was with there product. Which will cost Dodge in the long run.

not a compact
By michaeldart

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

First, this is not a compact car. It has more or similar interior room and trunk space as the Honda Accord coupe and the Chevy Malibu. It is a midsized car at a compact car price and with compact car fuel mileage. I almost bought a Focus, but the Dart was better equipped and had more space. The Focus just cannot accommodate adults on a long trip, the Dart can. Anyone who says the Focus interior is superior to the Dart's is blind. I own the SE with the manual, cruise control, and Uconnect. The build quality was excellent, no bad panel gaps, paint, everything worked. I have had it for 10 months, 2 long trips, 9,000 miles, and only oil and filter changes.

Favorite Features

The looks. I park near a bunch of Civics and Camrys. It is a joy just to look at the car. My worker's cars just make it look better! The fuel mileage has been excellent. I am getting 27 mpg in severe city driving. On two, 2000 mile family vacations, it got between 38 and 40 mpg with 4 people and luggage. The interior is a really nice place to be. The seats are comfortable, the surroundings look nice, the controls are simple and logical. The Uconnect just works. This is usable as a mid-sized family car, even on multi-day drives with kids.

Suggested Improvements

The rear motor mount is too soft, This probably isn't a problem with the auto, but it slows down shifts. The throttle lag is also annoying. I know the Focus and others have it too, but it is still annoying. A little more,lumbar support would be useful. It is fine normally, but I start to feel it after 9-10 hours of constant driving.