2013 Dodge Dart SE Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Dodge Dart - Consumer Reviews

2013 Dart Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dart model:

Sort Reviews by

My Biggest Regret!!
By Thai Tran

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car brand new when initially introduced to the market in late 2012. I purchased this car under emotional stress due to the Sandy storm which completely flooded my Audi, totaling it. So the decision to purchase the Dart was more impulsive and out of desperation. Fast forward 3 years later, i'm now having problems with the engine and the engine light comes on sporadically throughout my ownership. I'm not getting the fuel efficiency that is proudly advertised by Dodge. The fuel cap gets stuck and doesn't open during cold weather. When the weather gets below 30, my car has trouble recognizing my FOB key, with issues that causes it not to work reliably.

2013 Dodge Dart
By Amber Brown Baldwin

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased my Dodge Dart brand new from the dealer in December 2012. I have had it in the dealership twice now for severe issues. The latest reason; my steering wheel locked up, radio and dash controls went black after all the lights on the dash came on with a service steering wheel error popped up. Once I came to a stop realized my steering wheel was not in my control, radio was still black. Heater turned up all the way, unable to turn it down or control it. Parked the car and now its going back in to the dealer! I paid a fortune for this car. If I had been going faster than I was I would have been severely injured in a wreck when my steering wheel locked up. Would not buy!

Favorite Features

Interior is beautiful. Sleek design on the outside. Interior is not roomy for a taller person!

Suggested Improvements

Taller roof for 6 ft plus; cloth seats stain very easily; would change material.

Thanks to the 2013 Dart Aero I will never buy another Dodge
By winphreak

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Had to have TCM reprogrammed and replaced several times, transaxle seal replaced, transmission valve body replaced. Still have issues with the transmission. Currently, reverse does not work and the car can barely go over 40 mph. The car has been at the dealer more than 5 times now for transmission problems. I wish I never bought this death trap. Starting a lemon law claim with Chrysler. Hopefully they offer a 100% buy back like I've seen a few other customers report.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage when you can actually drive the car.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission is horrible.

Good car for a Good price
By jbrown33

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This was my first brand new car and I must say I am rather pleased at how it has held up in the past year. I read so many bad reviews about this car but i must say i have very little to no issues and i've put the poor thing through the ringer in the past year adding 45000km. I lived in northern mb for my first winter with the car and was a little concerned about how it would hold up in -40C weather but it did great. I never had trouble starting it. The only issue i had was hose claps kept cracking in the cold causing me to leak coolant, which resulted in my engine over heating but that's about it. I love the way the car drives and handles it has such a solid feel to it, not cheap or rattly

Favorite Features

placement of truck and gas release optional leather for any trim and the katskinz hold up better than most factory I find spacious compartment under the passenger seat simple and tasteful interior and exterior design racerback tail lights

Suggested Improvements

power seating for middle(sxt) models with lumbar support better quality paint I find it scratches and chips easily

DON'T BUY!!!!!!!!
By nwhite26

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I will save you a lot of time and money by simply saying do not buy this car! I'm serious. Days after driving it off the lot, it has stalled on me, died on me, service transmission light comes on constatly, check engine light comes on, and I've taken it back to the dealership continuous times for repair adn the issue keeps occuring. The dealership refuses to trade me into another car and now has said I have depreciated the value due to keeping it for too long. The two previous owners both had the same issues to, I checked the records. I was tricked into buying this car or else I wouldn't have! For a 2 yr old car this should not happen! Save yourselves, run!!!

Favorite Features

seats are comfortable, the interior designs look cool.

Suggested Improvements

Dodge should stop making this car, or make one that works!

Disaster with Chrysler
By rbirwin

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought my 2013 Dodge Dart in Dec of 2012. Since then it has been nothing but trouble. Turbocharger was defective and replaced at 16K miles. Battery went dead at 26K and was replaced. Interior plastic began to break. At 34K miles engine blew and the real problems began. Chrysler Dodge would not honor the Warranty. We are still fighting with them. Unfortunately we now think the car could be unsafe to drive. Given Chryslers poor Warranty service I would never buy Chrysler/Dodge again.

to many times to shop for repairs
By dds_dodgedart

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

purchased October 2013 sxt with auto thought how good it looked and electronics were top notch most advanced as advertising said not to be the case pairing of phones for texting is not possible yet for Samsung galaxy s5 even today in 2014s or 2013s many service events to replace minor parts .uconnect customer no service is one of the worst even dealership stated they were hard to work with on service end when car is running correctly and not in for service I really like it I bought extended warranty thank god but wish I bought ford fusion instead co worker bought same time I bought dart and not once in for repair and smartphone connection to handsfree has been flawless voice and text

Favorite Features

looks and room for driver is larger than cruise or focus

Suggested Improvements

uconnect pairing for texting needs to be matched to current smartphones and much improvement is needed in their customer service response to there out dated services

Highway miles
By tedman2

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I got 61,000 haven't had a single problem with it bought new February 2013 had 6 months off of work so I really piled on the miles work construction like have the seats fold down for the menards trip and to carry my tools awesome gas mileage comfortable to drive knock on wood I read a lot of bad reviews so I don't know If it is the people or the car I'll keep my fingers crossed for another 60,000

Favorite Features

Handling, driving comfort

Suggested Improvements

cruise control should come with every dart

Happy
By huskamutefarms

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I bought my 2013 Dodge Dart SE in March of 2013. It had 10 miles on it. It is now almost October of 2014 and I have 43200 miles on my Dart. My work was a long commute, no longer thank God. I have had ZERO problems with this car. I did put a new set of TOYO tires on. Sorry to the folks that had problems.. Ohh.. I love the fact no worries about a stupid rubber timing belt every 80k to100 k. I just drive right and follow manufacture recommendations. Ed Spokane, WA

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of throttle lag. I can deal with it but want power now and want it to power down as needed quicker so it don't sound like your burning the clutch.. Another word more responsive throttle..

2013 Dodge Dart Limited w/Turbo and 6Auto Stick
By lildbld

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased July19th, 2014 (yes, was new and "lost" on the inventory at dealership). Had 100 miles on odometer, at 500 miles, transmission would not engage in turning lane, hobbled home, Tow #1(reflashed ECU). At 1100 miles, transmission would not engage and could not back out of garage, Tow #2, (replaced shifting pistons/actuator assembly). At 1655, transmission would not engage after stopping for coffee, Tow #3(found corroded ground terminals). At 1950, trans would not engage, Tow #4 (now replacing transmission). California has Lemon Law, I am using it...too bad. So towed 4 times before first car payment!

Favorite Features

Overall, when the car was working it was fun to drive and I loved the styling. I have a Dodge Durango Citadel and it has been very good to me...and I thought it would be nice to have a lil Dbl D (Dodge Dart) to match my big Dbl D (Dodge Durango)...not the case...really bummed that I am having to go thru the lemon law process.

Suggested Improvements

Unfortunately, I cannot recommend the Dodge Dart at this time...