2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Consumer Reviews

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dart model:
2013 Dodge Dart
By Amber Brown Baldwin on 02/26/15 08:54 AM (PST)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Purchased my Dodge Dart brand new from the dealer in December 2012. I have had it in the dealership twice now for severe issues. The latest reason; my steering wheel locked up, radio and dash controls went black after all the lights on the dash came on with a service steering wheel error popped up. Once I came to a stop realized my steering wheel was not in my control, radio was still black. Heater turned up all the way, unable to turn it down or control it. Parked the car and now its going back in to the dealer! I paid a fortune for this car. If I had been going faster than I was I would have been severely injured in a wreck when my steering wheel locked up. Would not buy!

Thanks to the 2013 Dart Aero I will never buy another Dodge
By winphreak on 02/22/15 20:23 PM (PST)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Had to have TCM reprogrammed and replaced several times, transaxle seal replaced, transmission valve body replaced. Still have issues with the transmission. Currently, reverse does not work and the car can barely go over 40 mph. The car has been at the dealer more than 5 times now for transmission problems. I wish I never bought this death trap. Starting a lemon law claim with Chrysler. Hopefully they offer a 100% buy back like I've seen a few other customers report.

Good car for a Good price
By jbrown33 on 02/03/15 15:42 PM (PST)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

This was my first brand new car and I must say I am rather pleased at how it has held up in the past year. I read so many bad reviews about this car but i must say i have very little to no issues and i've put the poor thing through the ringer in the past year adding 45000km. I lived in northern mb for my first winter with the car and was a little concerned about how it would hold up in -40C weather but it did great. I never had trouble starting it. The only issue i had was hose claps kept cracking in the cold causing me to leak coolant, which resulted in my engine over heating but that's about it. I love the way the car drives and handles it has such a solid feel to it, not cheap or rattly

DON'T BUY!!!!!!!!
By nwhite26 on 01/17/15 14:19 PM (PST)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan Limited 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I will save you a lot of time and money by simply saying do not buy this car! I'm serious. Days after driving it off the lot, it has stalled on me, died on me, service transmission light comes on constatly, check engine light comes on, and I've taken it back to the dealership continuous times for repair adn the issue keeps occuring. The dealership refuses to trade me into another car and now has said I have depreciated the value due to keeping it for too long. The two previous owners both had the same issues to, I checked the records. I was tricked into buying this car or else I wouldn't have! For a 2 yr old car this should not happen! Save yourselves, run!!!

Disaster with Chrysler
By rbirwin on 01/07/15 16:45 PM (PST)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Bought my 2013 Dodge Dart in Dec of 2012. Since then it has been nothing but trouble. Turbocharger was defective and replaced at 16K miles. Battery went dead at 26K and was replaced. Interior plastic began to break. At 34K miles engine blew and the real problems began. Chrysler Dodge would not honor the Warranty. We are still fighting with them. Unfortunately we now think the car could be unsafe to drive. Given Chryslers poor Warranty service I would never buy Chrysler/Dodge again.

to many times to shop for repairs
By dds_dodgedart on 12/30/14 09:20 AM (PST)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

purchased October 2013 sxt with auto thought how good it looked and electronics were top notch most advanced as advertising said not to be the case pairing of phones for texting is not possible yet for Samsung galaxy s5 even today in 2014s or 2013s many service events to replace minor parts .uconnect customer no service is one of the worst even dealership stated they were hard to work with on service end when car is running correctly and not in for service I really like it I bought extended warranty thank god but wish I bought ford fusion instead co worker bought same time I bought dart and not once in for repair and smartphone connection to handsfree has been flawless voice and text

Highway miles
By tedman2 on 11/15/14 09:48 AM (PST)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I got 61,000 haven't had a single problem with it bought new February 2013 had 6 months off of work so I really piled on the miles work construction like have the seats fold down for the menards trip and to carry my tools awesome gas mileage comfortable to drive knock on wood I read a lot of bad reviews so I don't know If it is the people or the car I'll keep my fingers crossed for another 60,000

Do NOT Buy A Dart!!!
By bamatoya on 08/29/14 12:34 PM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

Omg... This car turned out to be my worst nightmare. I purchased it on July 31, 2013, brand new, and it seems like as soon as I pulled off the lot, it went downhill from there. In April, I ended up having to get the alternator and a belt replaced. It locked up while I was driving, not to mention the fact that I was just about to get on the interstate for a trip. After that, I experience a burning smell for weeks. Ended up having to have the oil pan replaced. Now, here in August, my car won't crank. It keeps dying on me and one minute, it seems like the battery, the next someone is saying it's the alternator. I'm waiting for the verdict from the dealer now. In the meantime, don't buy Dodge!!

Great gas mileage but.....
By msaltmyer on 08/11/14 14:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

The base car does not come with AC. No power doors. You have to reach into the back seats to unlock. Cheap materials. For a stick shift with no other features, it is way over-priced. Within 4 days of owning and 150 miles, there was some problems with shifting gears. Errors are lit. I had to get rid of it as quickly as I could.

Stay Far Away
By garfish1 on 07/25/14 00:13 AM (PDT)

2013 Dodge Dart Sedan SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I just traded my Dart in so I figured I would write a review. I had a rally with the 2.0 automatic and only had 6,000 miles on it. I did purchase it new when they first came out. On a good note I will say the interior was very nice and held up well. The touch screen is huge and very good view for the backup camera. The exterior is another story and found it to be very cheap. The underbody plastic was starting to fall apart already on me and had to be removed. I also found that the paint seemed to be very poor quality, I wonder if it is a water base because it scratches and chips very easily.