Used 2009 Dodge Dakota Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2009 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

3.7 extended cab 4x4 6sp
By Pat

2009 Dodge Dakota ST 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Only put a few thousand kilometers on it so far. Mileage averaging 130/80 kph/mph was 14L Per 100k 20 imp mpg. Mileage averaging 105/65 kph/mph was 10.4 L Per 100k 28 imp mpg. Takes a little getting used to the 6 speed, but its not bad at all when you do. Paid $16,900 C with just 17000k on it and a car report.

Favorite Features

If the mileage holds up that, would be outstanding for 4300lb vehicle. Full Warranty to 2012 and power train to 2014. For the $12,000 difference in price a comparable import was, I'll be happy with the real value.

Suggested Improvements

Waiting for a plug in Mopar cruise control assembly to arrive and that should make it, more than tolerable on the highway. Really not much back seat room at all. Replaced the factory headlights with PIA, and happy with that to.

It's a truck
By Ron

2009 Dodge Dakota BigHorn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd Dakota we have owned. The 1st was a 1994. I read all the reviews about the new Dakota and I must say they were not positive. After we took it for a test drive I could not see anything wrong. For the price it was all we wanted in a truck and more. The gas mileage on the 1st 2 fill ups were 15 and 17.

Favorite Features

Nice ride. The fold up back seats.

Suggested Improvements

Cannot think of any yet.

Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 with 4.7L Engine
By Kent

2009 Dodge Dakota Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned three 4x4 Crew Cab Dakotas and this is my first Laramie. I love the comfortable leather heated seats, but what I love the most is the ride. This 2009 model gives the best ride of the past three that I have owned. The 4.7L engine has excellent power. I purchased the Mopar aftermarket tonneau cover and believe it has helped with gas mileage. I get 22 MPG on highway and 18 MPG going back and forth to work which is a 50 mile journey round trip. This is the best gas mileage I have had in any of my past Dakotas and also the best ride. The ride is smooth and really compares to the plush ride of a good car. Topping it all off is the premium sound delivered by the Alpine system.

Favorite Features

I enjoy the crew cab, 4x4, premium Apline sound system, heated seats, plush ride, good gas mileage for a V8 4x4, and the stylish features of the Dakota.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvements I can think of would be driver and passenger temperature control.