2009 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
3.7 extended cab 4x4 6sp
By Pat on 07/17/10 15:56 PM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Dakota ST 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Only put a few thousand kilometers on it so far. Mileage averaging 130/80 kph/mph was 14L Per 100k 20 imp mpg. Mileage averaging 105/65 kph/mph was 10.4 L Per 100k 28 imp mpg. Takes a little getting used to the 6 speed, but its not bad at all when you do. Paid $16,900 C with just 17000k on it and a car report.

It's a truck
By Ron on 03/27/10 08:16 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Dakota BigHorn 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd Dakota we have owned. The 1st was a 1994. I read all the reviews about the new Dakota and I must say they were not positive. After we took it for a test drive I could not see anything wrong. For the price it was all we wanted in a truck and more. The gas mileage on the 1st 2 fill ups were 15 and 17.

Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 with 4.7L Engine
By Kent on 06/30/09 10:33 AM (PDT)

2009 Dodge Dakota Laramie 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned three 4x4 Crew Cab Dakotas and this is my first Laramie. I love the comfortable leather heated seats, but what I love the most is the ride. This 2009 model gives the best ride of the past three that I have owned. The 4.7L engine has excellent power. I purchased the Mopar aftermarket tonneau cover and believe it has helped with gas mileage. I get 22 MPG on highway and 18 MPG going back and forth to work which is a 50 mile journey round trip. This is the best gas mileage I have had in any of my past Dakotas and also the best ride. The ride is smooth and really compares to the plush ride of a good car. Topping it all off is the premium sound delivered by the Alpine system.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Dodge Dakota in VA is:

$127 per month*