2008 Dodge Dakota Consumer Review: Lots of Power

2008 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab - Consumer Review

Lots of Power
By Hoodoo74 on

2008 Dodge Dakota SXT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this truck in January 2009 just before Chrysler went under. Like many truck guys I'm very brand loyal for better or worse. This is the third Dakota that I've owned and I've always liked the mid-size handling and the available V8 power. In those areas, the truck doesn't disappoint - acceleration and handling are impressive. The new V8 and the 5 speed automatic seem well suited to each other. The interior, like all past Dakotas, seems to be cheaply made though I've never had anything break off or not work. Maybe it's just me but the optional heated bucket seats are like riding on a piece of 2x12 - next to no cushion at all which is a pain in the butt (literally) on long trips.

V8 power, 5 spped transmission, 3.92 rear end, tight handling, reliability, good towing package, sporty looks

terrible bucket seats (maybe the bench is better?), when will the truck get rear disc brakes?, cheap interior, find a better way for the driver to shut off the change oil warning message rather than flicking the ignition switch on and off and pumping the gas pedal (no overhead console in my truck)