2008 Dodge Dakota Consumer Review: Muscle truck

2008 Dodge Dakota Extended Cab - Consumer Review

Muscle truck
By Jason on

2008 Dodge Dakota Sport 4dr Extended Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Originally was going to get the 07 at the end of the year. But after hearing about the new V8 I waited. I was not disappointed, power is very good. MPG could be better but is OK at about 16.5 average. I like all the storage, but dash looks and feels like cheap hard plastic. Cab has a lot of wind noise, but with stereo on it is not noticeable. Ride is stiff and bouncy, very noticeable while going around a turn with bumps, feels like the back end is going to lose traction. I have the Sport and it should have been set up to look sportier like the Colorado with a lowered stance. Front seat only holds 2 people while my older model holds 3, 3 would be better. Stock rear tinted windows are dark.

V8 is awesome, might be faster than the Hemi in the Ram due to the Ram being a 1000 LBS more.

Better gas millage, lower stance, interior plastic needs help. I like the seats from my 03 better.