2nd dakota
By bluedak on
2008 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)
Bought this 08 crew cab to replace my 01 ext. Cab due to growing family. I loved my 01, and this one is starting to grow on me. The new 4.7 has much more power than the prior version. I have 28k on the truck, and no mechanical problems yet. I guess my 2 gripes with the 08 are the interior feels a little cheap (few rattles from arm rest and more plasticky overall than my 01). And the 05 to current dakotas sit too low to the ground, esp. Compared to Tacoma and frontier. But I like it overall and would buy my 3rd Dakota in the future. Mpg 16-17 in mixed driving, similar to my 01 4.7, except with about 70 more hp.
Favorite Features
like the optional bed rails w/ tiedowns,the new 4.7 power, the ride is good,interior space and visibility from the quad cab are excellent. good access to carseat in back.like the inferno red color, too. decent mpg for v8.
Suggested Improvements
stance too low for a truck, smallish stock tires for a 4x4 truck (245's),cheap feeling interior, although i find the seats pretty comfy.tpms is a little too sensitive. light will come on if it goes 1lb of pressure below the recommended psi.