2008 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Transmision and Fan problems
By Charles on 11/04/09 13:13 PM (PST)

2008 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The first night I owned the vehicle I started it and the Variable Speed Fan was locked up. It roared like an 18 wheeler. Then came the transmission problem. When coming to a stop, at 25 MPH the transmission dropped into low gear and jolted the whole vehicle. Many trips to dealer never resolved these problems. Tech says fan problem is normal!!! I got rid of it at 28,900 miles. The decision was made solely due to the problems with the vehicle.

Solid Ride!
By Blue truck on 10/10/07 19:54 PM (PDT)

2008 Dodge Dakota Crew Cab SLT 4dr Crew Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

It has a firm, borderline stiff ride, much less spongy than the previous model years. We have many 2006-07's in our fleet and you can tell the difference. The console and cup holder layout is great and much improved. All controls are easy to reach and use. The ride is quiet. I would recommend the V8 if you need serious power. So far, my 3.7L accelerates good enough and maintains highway speeds adequately. We have had very few quality issues in our fleet so far with Dakotas, and hopefully this series will even be better.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2008 Dodge Dakota Crew-cab in NJ is:

$202 per month*