2007 Dodge Dakota Consumer Review: Big wow, little performance.

2007 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Review

Big wow, little performance.
By wally on

2007 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I leased on a 48 month lease because it fit my budget and this is a great looking 1/4 ton truck. I have not had any real mechanical issues other than a very very soft suspension. I had a '79 Ford Granada as a teenage and it had better suspension! Gas mileage is a joke - 20 C/ 29 H, more like 13 C/ 19 H. The V8 4.7L is a great engine in this truck, lots of power when called upon. Like I said before, it looks great, outside and inside. Very rugged looking, to bad the suspension doesn't keep up!

The looks of the exterior and interior are fantastic. Very rugged looking, best looking 1/4 ton on the market.

Eye candy set on a pathetic suspension. A truck is a truck, put a suspension to compliment the looks and power. If I wanted handling like a car I would have purchased a car. For a company that is "Ram" tough, they sure dropped the ball on what could have been a great 1/4 truck!