2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Family man's Sport Truck
By Norm on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My third Dakota, gave the first one away with 320,000 miles on it, #2 t- boned a Chevy Blazer doing 60 mph (he pulled out, did not see me) front bumper was sitting on the front tires, both front doors still opened and I walked away. It had 265,000 at that time. #3 Had to go to Michigan to find it, Quad Cab, V8, Manual Trans. FUN TO DRIVE. I maintain them well and drive them hard, no major problems from any of them.

NOT HeavyDuty
By frank on 02/20/10 08:27 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Front suspension will not hold up if driving off-road. Replaced tie-rod ends and torsion bar ends just driving slowing on dirt and gravel roads. This truck? is not as sturdy as my 98 or 2001 Dakota.

LOVE THIS TRUCK
By FIREFIGHTER231 on 01/10/10 10:45 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

i love this truck i bought it about 3- 4 months ago. i am a firefighter and this truck has done wonders for me it has the power that i need and it has great response time i was looking for a full size truck but when i went to the dealer i took one look at the truck test drove it and that was it and i can say that was one of the best decisions i have made because i don't regret it the truck is wonderful great looking awesome power and the E85 ethanol is great for when the gas prices are outrageous this truck has given me a new perspective on trucks. i think this truck is a great truck all around and i have not had any problems mechanically or anything breaking.

my everything vehicle
By wendall wilson on 07/11/09 17:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've bought it 2 years ago,new off lot and love it.I live in country on old farm.fun to drive and handles great.got the 4.7v8,will smoke the tires(not reccomended)Looks good&comfortable.only trouble was bad tierods,covered under warranty.2 position tailgate lets me load anything I could with big truck.Gas milage not best,Have not tried flex fuel yet.should have got posi rearend.in 2wheel drive(in heavy rain) it gets loose easily.only paid 22000 new,with bedliner

Big wow, little performance.
By wally on 10/30/08 10:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I leased on a 48 month lease because it fit my budget and this is a great looking 1/4 ton truck. I have not had any real mechanical issues other than a very very soft suspension. I had a '79 Ford Granada as a teenage and it had better suspension! Gas mileage is a joke - 20 C/ 29 H, more like 13 C/ 19 H. The V8 4.7L is a great engine in this truck, lots of power when called upon. Like I said before, it looks great, outside and inside. Very rugged looking, to bad the suspension doesn't keep up!

My second Gen 3 Dakota...for a reason
By tms1521 on 04/19/08 05:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Gen 3 Dakota. I previously had a '06 ST Club Cab. But it was time for an upgrade...and I made the right choice. I have the V8 so with gas prices the way they are, it is not favorable. But it is a great truck. It is rugged, comfortable and has plenty of power. I highly recommend this truck!

I love my dakota
By suemccartin on 04/02/08 08:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the truck about 45 days, love it. Getting used to the lower gas mileage but I'll adjust. Very easy to drive, fun to drive, drive the 6 yourself before you decide you don't want it, it's plenty peppy for most things and unless you're towing a gigantic trailer you don't need the insurance rates or the gas guzzling of an 8. This is a wonderful truck, very comfortable, very quiet, you want the SLT package for the power mirrors and the alarm, rear antilock and security system really cuts your insurance rates at least with geico. I love my truck just have to learn it's personality and I'm short so reaching the fluid checking stuff is a challenge sometimes.

NIce so far
By pharaoh on 08/05/07 17:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I was looking for a RAM pickup but after seeing the Dakota I was sold. I love the exterior look (silver paint) of it and the smaller size means that my wife and daughter can drive it as well. Rides very quiet for a truck.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.