Used 2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:

Family man's Sport Truck
By Norm

2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My third Dakota, gave the first one away with 320,000 miles on it, #2 t- boned a Chevy Blazer doing 60 mph (he pulled out, did not see me) front bumper was sitting on the front tires, both front doors still opened and I walked away. It had 265,000 at that time. #3 Had to go to Michigan to find it, Quad Cab, V8, Manual Trans. FUN TO DRIVE. I maintain them well and drive them hard, no major problems from any of them.

Favorite Features

Manual trans, all 3 of them V8, what fun Quad cab

Suggested Improvements

Put it back in production, as I understand it, Dakota was the last mid sized Quad where you could get a V8 and a manual trans. but pkg not avail after 08

NOT HeavyDuty
By frank

2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Front suspension will not hold up if driving off-road. Replaced tie-rod ends and torsion bar ends just driving slowing on dirt and gravel roads. This truck? is not as sturdy as my 98 or 2001 Dakota.

Favorite Features

Just enough room for my grandsons and fishing equipment. Can haul some furniture, tools and equip. Does great job of towing a 16 ft. boat

Suggested Improvements

This truck came with Goodyear SR-A tires--I replaced them with real M&S tires as I don't have locking rear on this truck and don't have to use 4 x 4 every time it snows.

LOVE THIS TRUCK
By FIREFIGHTER231

2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

i love this truck i bought it about 3- 4 months ago. i am a firefighter and this truck has done wonders for me it has the power that i need and it has great response time i was looking for a full size truck but when i went to the dealer i took one look at the truck test drove it and that was it and i can say that was one of the best decisions i have made because i don't regret it the truck is wonderful great looking awesome power and the E85 ethanol is great for when the gas prices are outrageous this truck has given me a new perspective on trucks. i think this truck is a great truck all around and i have not had any problems mechanically or anything breaking.

Favorite Features

the 4.7L V-8 the awesome look the crew cab space and the comfortability and how reliable the truck is

Suggested Improvements

to make more accessories for it like bigger suspension lifts

my everything vehicle
By wendall wilson

2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've bought it 2 years ago,new off lot and love it.I live in country on old farm.fun to drive and handles great.got the 4.7v8,will smoke the tires(not reccomended)Looks good&comfortable.only trouble was bad tierods,covered under warranty.2 position tailgate lets me load anything I could with big truck.Gas milage not best,Have not tried flex fuel yet.should have got posi rearend.in 2wheel drive(in heavy rain) it gets loose easily.only paid 22000 new,with bedliner

Favorite Features

2 position tailgate,roomy interior,quick response and great power

Suggested Improvements

heated mirrors,posi rearend,toughen up front grille

Big wow, little performance.
By wally

2007 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I leased on a 48 month lease because it fit my budget and this is a great looking 1/4 ton truck. I have not had any real mechanical issues other than a very very soft suspension. I had a '79 Ford Granada as a teenage and it had better suspension! Gas mileage is a joke - 20 C/ 29 H, more like 13 C/ 19 H. The V8 4.7L is a great engine in this truck, lots of power when called upon. Like I said before, it looks great, outside and inside. Very rugged looking, to bad the suspension doesn't keep up!

Favorite Features

The looks of the exterior and interior are fantastic. Very rugged looking, best looking 1/4 ton on the market.

Suggested Improvements

Eye candy set on a pathetic suspension. A truck is a truck, put a suspension to compliment the looks and power. If I wanted handling like a car I would have purchased a car. For a company that is "Ram" tough, they sure dropped the ball on what could have been a great 1/4 truck!