2007 Dodge Dakota - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Dakota model:
Family man's Sport Truck
By Norm on 09/30/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

My third Dakota, gave the first one away with 320,000 miles on it, #2 t- boned a Chevy Blazer doing 60 mph (he pulled out, did not see me) front bumper was sitting on the front tires, both front doors still opened and I walked away. It had 265,000 at that time. #3 Had to go to Michigan to find it, Quad Cab, V8, Manual Trans. FUN TO DRIVE. I maintain them well and drive them hard, no major problems from any of them.

Good work truck, good value
By crafty on 07/25/10 19:43 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Dakota ST 4dr Club Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've borrowed this truck from my uncle, sometimes driving it for a long distance. It has the 3.7 V6. I like how it looks and handles. It preforms good enough for me. Pretty good seat support and I kind of like how it drives. Fuel economy could easily be better. Overall, I think this is overall a good truck for a person who wants a mid sized pickup for daily driving and as a light/medium work truck. But yet again, it does have its flaws, like any other car. To sum up, I am pleased with the Dakota

NOT HeavyDuty
By frank on 02/20/10 08:27 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Front suspension will not hold up if driving off-road. Replaced tie-rod ends and torsion bar ends just driving slowing on dirt and gravel roads. This truck? is not as sturdy as my 98 or 2001 Dakota.

LOVE THIS TRUCK
By FIREFIGHTER231 on 01/10/10 10:45 AM (PST)

2007 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

i love this truck i bought it about 3- 4 months ago. i am a firefighter and this truck has done wonders for me it has the power that i need and it has great response time i was looking for a full size truck but when i went to the dealer i took one look at the truck test drove it and that was it and i can say that was one of the best decisions i have made because i don't regret it the truck is wonderful great looking awesome power and the E85 ethanol is great for when the gas prices are outrageous this truck has given me a new perspective on trucks. i think this truck is a great truck all around and i have not had any problems mechanically or anything breaking.

my everything vehicle
By wendall wilson on 07/11/09 17:32 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Dakota ST 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I've bought it 2 years ago,new off lot and love it.I live in country on old farm.fun to drive and handles great.got the 4.7v8,will smoke the tires(not reccomended)Looks good&comfortable.only trouble was bad tierods,covered under warranty.2 position tailgate lets me load anything I could with big truck.Gas milage not best,Have not tried flex fuel yet.should have got posi rearend.in 2wheel drive(in heavy rain) it gets loose easily.only paid 22000 new,with bedliner

Big wow, little performance.
By wally on 10/30/08 10:20 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I leased on a 48 month lease because it fit my budget and this is a great looking 1/4 ton truck. I have not had any real mechanical issues other than a very very soft suspension. I had a '79 Ford Granada as a teenage and it had better suspension! Gas mileage is a joke - 20 C/ 29 H, more like 13 C/ 19 H. The V8 4.7L is a great engine in this truck, lots of power when called upon. Like I said before, it looks great, outside and inside. Very rugged looking, to bad the suspension doesn't keep up!

Least Expensive Truck with 6010 Gvwr
By Autoservicecenter on 10/12/08 09:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Club Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I needed a truck that met the weight requirement of over 6000 lbs and over a 6 ft box to qualify for IRS Section 179 100% tax depreciation in the first year. I did not want a big full sized truck to do it, so I searched the market and found 2. The Honda Ridgeline and the Dakota. The Ridgeline was underpowered. The Dakota is perfect. GVWR of 6010 lbs and a 6.6 ft box meet Section 179 requirements. I test drove other 4x4's and only the Dakota rides perfect on rough roads - not to loose and not jarring stiff. The cabin is nice and quiet at interstate speeds. The 4.7 L High Output V8 pulls hard on hills, blasts around when passing traffic, tows 7500lbs and gets 20 highway mpg.

Garbage
By JB on 06/29/08 12:39 PM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Dakota ST 4dr Club Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I leased this on a 27 month lease because the price was so good, and it is the best looking 1/4 ton by NA manufacturers. I basically choose this based on looks. Big mistake. I've had both front wheel bearing replaced, distributer cap, computer, brakes, emissions pump, etc. The engine would just all of a sudden have no power despite revving high. These problems could be over looked if I was able to get the posted mileage of 20 city and 29 highway. I get 16 highway and about 14 city. I should be able to sue Dodge for the difference in gas mileage because that is ridiculous. About half the posed mileage! I'm buying a Toyota as soon as a get rid of this junk bucket.

My second Gen 3 Dakota...for a reason
By tms1521 on 04/19/08 05:28 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Quad Cab 4WD SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Gen 3 Dakota. I previously had a '06 ST Club Cab. But it was time for an upgrade...and I made the right choice. I have the V8 so with gas prices the way they are, it is not favorable. But it is a great truck. It is rugged, comfortable and has plenty of power. I highly recommend this truck!

I love my dakota
By suemccartin on 04/02/08 08:12 AM (PDT)

2007 Dodge Dakota SLT 4dr Quad Cab SB (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had the truck about 45 days, love it. Getting used to the lower gas mileage but I'll adjust. Very easy to drive, fun to drive, drive the 6 yourself before you decide you don't want it, it's plenty peppy for most things and unless you're towing a gigantic trailer you don't need the insurance rates or the gas guzzling of an 8. This is a wonderful truck, very comfortable, very quiet, you want the SLT package for the power mirrors and the alarm, rear antilock and security system really cuts your insurance rates at least with geico. I love my truck just have to learn it's personality and I'm short so reaching the fluid checking stuff is a challenge sometimes.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.